My new and first Coop Build..

The coop looks good!
Some chickens are better egg layers, others are better for meat, and some are better suited as pets. What qualities are you looking for in your chickens and we can make some suggestions based on your preference.

Last edited:
We are looking for egg layers.. My girlfriends daughter is a vegetarian and it would kill her to see me eat the chickens that we would be raising..Perhaps the meat ones can come later..Also we plan to let them roam on our property so we need a breed that is docile with the rest of the pets, I mean they wont be so startled by them...
But definitely egg layers.

great looking coop! And love Charlie

We have EE's mostly, they are the friendliest of the chickens.

And you have have green eggs no ham.

Excellent coop! For friendly egg layers I would say the EE's, the color eggs are always a bonus! Also, Buff Orpingtons, very friendly and decent layers (I get about 4-5 a week from mine)

I am loving the coop! Cant wait to see pics when done.! We recently finished our, but yours is way cool! Ours is just functional. We are here in Okeechobee so we can feel your pain on the heat! We will be placing some shade cloth across the back for shade as it really heats up. The back of ours faces west. The get some sun in am, then shade until later in pm. I am still new to site, so I can't post pics yet. But check them out on my faacebook page. Wagon Wheel Horse Farm, LLC just put them up yesterday.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom