My new and first Coop Build..

thanks so much everyone for the wonderful comments. We busted our fannies today trying to get as much done as possible. We had no idea laying shingles was so difficult! Our backs and necks are killing us! The Orpingtons sound like an interesting one. What are EE's?? Our little one winged duck Charlie is doing fabulous. We actually cant get over how well he is doing. He has no clue he is different. He swims and runs around with no problem. He is always the first one in the water and the first in line. Domenic keeps teasing me about giving Charlie a handicap handrail on the ramp! But...no need. This little guy is a miracle. Healed fabulous! Still curious and concerned about how well the chickens and ducks will get along. Will they lay eggs in the nesting boxes?? Will we have to separate them? We posted a bunch of new pictures on the coop build. Please take a look and give any opinions, suggestions, we welcome them.

Quote:
We live in a township called Melbourne Village. They are annexed from the regular city of Melbourne. We have the most gorgeous property lots here. They are huge and full of protected land. Tremendous amounts of wildlife and beautiful foliage.

Great coop!!!!! I like it.Glad to see one wing still going.I lost 2 to a hawk.One was carried off and the other injured.It didn't make it.Your flock will have a blast in that!!!! Kevin
cool.png
cool.png
cool.png

You are not kidding about n ice vegetation! I was enjoying that in the background as much as watching your coop. I live up in the PNW, and you guys have SUCH different greenery than we do. I would LOVE to have a palm tree! Hell, I'd love to just see the sun more than once a month.

Nice job... Although I think I'd sister up a 2x4 to those supporting the roof, even if they're supported some from the walls, it'll keep them from twisting... And I think the daughter could use a dose of reality, would do her good...

EE's are Easter Eggers. Some say they aren't a real breed and some say they are. They are Araucanas and Americanas and they lay colored eggs blue light green and the likes. You'll have to look them up on the chicken breeds chart.
About your chicks, I think New Hampshire reds are friendly and docile and they are supposed to be good layers. I'm hoping cause I've got three.
BTW Nice coop
thumbsup.gif

Nice looking coop. Love the style. As far as breeds. I'm pretty partial to barred rocks. They lay large brown eggs, docile, friendly and make great pets. Mine love to be held, petted and we carry on conversations, although I need tol earn chicken clucking. I know they are saying something. Love your doggies. Oh and
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom