My New Baby(1972 VW Super Beetle)

Spook cannot drive a stick shift sanely.

Let's just say I have...issues.

The bigger the motor, the bigger my issues...

Spook...and his dreams of Nascar

I can not drive stick shift! Period!
That was what OldGal thought until I bought our first Porsche. She really wanted to drive that car. It's amazing what a little incentive will do.
lol.png

The only bad part about the autostick was that it made R&Ring the engine a pain. I could do a clutch from wheels up to driveaway in about 45 minutes on a manual transmission Beetle. The autostick took about 2.5 hours. Than the clutch in an auto' rarely failed. There was no way to abuse it.

As much as I hate it I have an "Automatic Transmission" restriction on my drivers license.
Where do you live? here in Indiana we have no such restriction to my knowledge, unless a physician somehow gets involved. I don't have a clue how to drive a stick shift but I have no such restriction LEGALLY, common sense tells me don't try it though.

So cool! My brother got his first car a couple months ago. It wasn't running but him and my dad fixed that, and now it is running:) It's a (I think) 64 VW Beetle:)

Its medical but was put there by DL examiner. I bet Indiana has that as a possible restriction...

Yep
Per http://www.in.gov/bmv/2361.htm

I took a driving test in an automatic, and no restrictions on my license, just checked I guess it would either be medical or someone tested in a stick shift and the examiner knew the person couldn't handle a stick but could handle an automatic, otherwise I have no clue how a restriction like that would be applied on a license here.

Jealous. Have always wanted one of those!! Never bought one because I always listened to people that told me I needed something "sensible & reliable". So I bought a 2007 Nissan Versa brand new in 2006. Early this year the engine blew with 91,000 miles on it.... zero warning on the indicator lights. Worst money I ever spent! Shoulda bought the VW years ago in the first place. I could'a sunk all that money into keeping her tip-top! Live and (hopefully) learn. Have fun in your new ride!!

Back
Top Bottom