My New Baby

Uwish

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Sep 24, 2020
My new lil one, so I went to the feed Store in hopes to get a baby goose they had none of course I look at all the babies well, and this little tiny thing was so so tiny !! half the size of the brothers and sisters and fearless😂 and was putting all the other ones in their place. Next thing I know I’m walking out the door with this tough little thing I don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl yet so it’s not named yet throw suggestions out there love to hear them. This baby is a little different when I put them in the water to swim he:she swam backwards 😂😂 Almost the whole time . Questionabout how long until I can tell the sex?

Attachments

• 873A099F-59E4-4C58-9966-A5E2C954A9C4.jpeg
    873A099F-59E4-4C58-9966-A5E2C954A9C4.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 15
  • CA66C4EF-CB1F-4DAE-AB54-0734F0E654FB.jpeg
    CA66C4EF-CB1F-4DAE-AB54-0734F0E654FB.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 4AFE1E0C-D5EA-405D-A688-820279CD7CFB.jpeg
    4AFE1E0C-D5EA-405D-A688-820279CD7CFB.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 9
My new lil one, so I went to the feed Store in hopes to get a baby goose they had none of course I look at all the babies well, and this little tiny thing was so so tiny !! half the size of the brothers and sisters and fearless😂 and was putting all the other ones in their place. Next thing I know I’m walking out the door with this tough little thing I don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl yet so it’s not named yet throw suggestions out there love to hear them. This baby is a little different when I put them in the water to swim he:she swam backwards 😂😂 Almost the whole time . Questionabout how long until I can tell the sex?
So cute! You'll be able to tell around 2-3 months if you have a duck or a drake. Drakes are very quiet and whistley, and they get a curly feather on their butts. Ducks are very loud, and they do the traditional 'QUACK!'. They also lack the curly feather. 😁

Oh my, are you sure that's a duck? Looks more like a stuffed animal! 😍

Once s/he's around 6 weeks old you'll either hear quacking or a more raspy frog like sound. Ducks quack sooner than drakes.
Ducks quack, drakes croak.
I can often tell by their feet coloring but that's not always accurate.
Males will get a curly feather on their tail.

Do you have any other ducklings so this little one can have some friends? Ducks are very social and enjoy having other ducks. If not, s/he is more likely to imprint on you rather than other ducklings. S/he will be very clingy.
I suggest getting a stuffee animal and a mirror for the brooder.

So cute! You'll be able to tell around 2-3 months if you have a duck or a drake. Drakes are very quiet and whistley, and they get a curly feather on their butts. Ducks are very loud, and they do the traditional 'QUACK!'. They also lack the curly feather. 😁
This lil one is a Rouen, ( at least that’s what it said in the pen at the feed store) just can’t believe how much smaller it was from the others but with such big personality and fearlessness

This lil one is a Rouen, ( at least that’s what it said in the pen at the feed store) just can’t believe how much smaller it was from the others but with such big personality and fearlessness
Coyld be a Mallard since s/he's smaller.
Sounds like my Yorkie. Tiny, but full of personality and she thinks shes vicious 😂

Oh my, are you sure that's a duck? Looks more like a stuffed animal! 😍

Once s/he's around 6 weeks old you'll either hear quacking or a more raspy frog like sound. Ducks quack sooner than drakes.
Ducks quack, drakes croak.
I can often tell by their feet coloring but that's not always accurate.
Males will get a curly feather on their tail.

Do you have any other ducklings so this little one can have some friends? Ducks are very social and enjoy having other ducks. If not, s/he is more likely to imprint on you rather than other ducklings. S/he will be very clingy.
I suggest getting a stuffee animal and a mirror for the brooder.
I don’t have other ducks I have peacocks and my one peacock is imprinted on me is not happy about the situation right now😂 i am considering Getting another duck to keep this one company although I love when the imprint on me and are my buddies (I wk from home)my life revolves around my animals.) I gave the lil one a stuffed animal last night in its pen to have something to sleep with. I like the mirror idea will do that today. This lil one is a big talker. Haven’t had ducks since I was a kid so obviously will take all the advice I can get.

i am considering Getting another duck to keep this one company although I love when the imprint on me and are my buddies
You don't necessarily need go get another duckling right away, but you definitely will want to get another one eventually as just 1 duck will be very lonely without any of its own species. If you want to wait until you know the sex of your duckling, then you could get one or multiple depending on which sex it turns out.

Last edited:
Adult girl ducks are noisy, boy ducks are not.

If you have a single duck it will bond to you, if it is a boy it will still bond to you, but I would not put it with chicken hens. I don't think you have a boy though because the eye stripes look dark. Boys eye stripe is still there, but more faint.

Back
Top Bottom