My new cheap coop

Your coop looks fine! I built with OSB board too, and we had a rain and warped it and delaminated it. I was really disappointed in the way it did not hold up. Plywood will do a lot better being unprotected. Anyway, I ended up having to unscrew a couple of pieces and replace them since they would not lay flat again. I'd definitely paint it soon.
wink.png
But otherwise, looks like a nice large area that will give you happy chickens!
smile.png

Quote:
it has a window on the south side.
the charger is $32.00 at ace hardware but this one is one I have had for many years
I already had all the wiring except for the $3.88 for the 2 250 watt heat bulbs.

did you already have the window?

doesn't matter if you had the stuff or not, even if you formulated the hinges with your own cast iron, you'll still spent that money at some point or another. Let alone time.

ARE YOU EVER POSITIVE ABOUT ANY THING???
OR DO YOU JUST ENJOY OFFENDING EVERYONE???????
I HAVE NO USE FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU!! ! ! ! !
JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION THE WINDOW AND CHARGER WAS GIVEN TO ME FOR FREE
SO DOES THIS ANWSER ALL YOUR NEGITIVE STATEMENTS?????????

My coop is made of USB, with one coat of exterior paint on it, and has lasted 15 years..and that's in Michigan, and was abandonded (SP?) for 10, covered in high weeds and critters living in it. It's held up just fine...so anyone who is looking for a cheaper altertinative on a tight budget, don't be discourged.

have we noticed a trend here?? Everyone has plywood coups with PAINT ON THEM>> and they're lasting... if we think back... I'm pretty sure a comment was made that if you DON"T get PAINT on it, it WON"T last...

Maybe I misread something.?

I realize that you want to hear only how wonderful this coop is.

And you are right that you do not have to spend a fortune for a coop for some chickens.

But what I think you are missing is the good advice on how to keep your cheap coop working for a few years and about the safety of your birds. Many people on this forum really enjoy their chickens as pets as well as food (eggs or meat). They worry about the safety and health of your chickens.

This includes venation, one window hole cut in the side is not enough.

A hot wire might keep some pests out, but not all

Minimal framing might be okay with 3/4 plywood in a location that gets no rain, wind, heat or snow, but I think some are concerned about what happens with the first heavy weather event.

But, think happy thoughts and maybe your chickens will get lucky.

Quote:
If you read some of the previous post I am not the only one that has had this type of building that lasted more than 15 years.
I only posted this thread to help others to save money.
AND I DON'T REMEMBER ASKING YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ADVICE I DON'T WANT OR NEED IT.
SO YOU CAN KEEP YOUR NEGITIVE THOUGHTS TO YOUR SELF.
I have lived in oklahoma for 71 years 9 months now and I know very well all about our weather we have here.

Quote:
If you read some of the previous post I am not the only one that has had this type of building that lasted more than 15 years.
I only posted this thread to help others to save money.
AND I DON'T REMEMBER ASKING YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ADVICE I DON'T WANT OR NEED IT.
SO YOU CAN KEEP YOUR NEGITIVE THOUGHTS TO YOUR SELF.
I have lived in oklahoma for 71 years 9 months now and I know very well all about our weather we have here.

Well then you all have a nice day and enjoy your coop.....

Back
Top Bottom