My new chick brooder, got it built really early for March!!

Quote:
I think 6 weeks will be stretching it, you don't want stressed birds from over crowding. I am thinking three weeks then move them to the hoop coop, or larger location. Are you getting layers or broilers? I have plans of making one or two this winter for the spring/summer. I want one for broilers and one (more) for layers. I am going to pasture them and the hoop coop will be their shelter/ roosting/ feeding/watering area. I spoke with a organic grower today about her operation and set up. Very excited to go all organic. The hoop coops are very easy to construct and not so costly. Move with the tractor daily to a new grassy location.

I think 6 weeks will be stretching it, you don't want stressed birds from over crowding. I am thinking three weeks then move them to the hoop coop, or larger location. Are you getting layers or broilers? I have plans of making one or two this winter for the spring/summer. I want one for broilers and one (more) for layers. I am going to pasture them and the hoop coop will be their shelter/ roosting/ feeding/watering area. I spoke with a organic grower today about her operation and set up. Very excited to go all organic. The hoop coops are very easy to construct and not so costly. Move with the tractor daily to a new grassy location.
ok can I move 3 wk old chicks to the coop, its cold out here maybe I will just have to get other brooders for a bit?? I am getting 15 layers and the rest broilers. some for us ( will be the first time and not sure I can do it) the rest I will sale to a friend that raises all his own food, he dont even buy milk from a store... I'm slowly trying to get to that point. So much better for you.

ok can I move 3 wk old chicks to the coop, its cold out here maybe I will just have to get other brooders for a bit?? I am getting 15 layers and the rest broilers. some for us ( will be the first time and not sure I can do it) the rest I will sale to a friend that raises all his own food, he dont even buy milk from a store... I'm slowly trying to get to that point. So much better for you.
3 week chicks out of brooder its too early i think........ and we have winter....

maybe some extra box will be better.....

3 week chicks out of brooder its too early i think........ and we have winter....

maybe some extra box will be better.....
that's what I'm thing too..... more boxes ... will get hubby on that ... lol maybe I shouldn't have order so many... got in over my head I think...
hu.gif

that's what I'm thing too..... more boxes ... will get hubby on that ... lol maybe I shouldn't have order so many... got in over my head I think...
hu.gif

well t tell you the truth i think that they never is t much .....
well you can pu them in the coop with heat resourse :p

but i think more boxes are the best( + its like a llittle park :p )

I have a chick house for the ''grown out of the brooder chicks'' I have a 250 watt red lamp they can keep warm under. They run all over then can retreat to the warmth if they want. I weened my last batch off the light several weeks ago as it costs so much to run. When they get their feathers they are ok if the house is draft free. Radiant warmth comes through the plastic on the door. That batch had a broody hen, but it was cold out. I wanted them to come out to eat and drink, the light made the room temp comfortable.

well t tell you the truth i think that they never is t much .....
well you can pu them in the coop with heat resourse :p

but i think more boxes are the best( + its like a llittle park :p )
I don't think too many is to many... but what I think don't count. I have 115 coming, I think I should have made better arrangements first, I thought it would be ok, oh well hubby has had to work fast before...lol My little park is going to grow
clap.gif

I have a chick house for the ''grown out of the brooder chicks'' I have a 250 watt red lamp they can keep warm under. They run all over then can retreat to the warmth if they want. I weened my last batch off the light several weeks ago as it costs so much to run. When they get their feathers they are ok if the house is draft free. Radiant warmth comes through the plastic on the door. That batch had a broody hen, but it was cold out. I wanted them to come out to eat and drink, the light made the room temp comfortable.
I planed on putting the meat birds in the barn till the were completely grown. Might just rig a few lights in different places for them out there.

yep we are going to fix up the barn for them. put a room that they can get in for heat but be able to get out if they want.

out? :/
becareful for pradiator's , from earth from the sky , from everywere, when you let them out stay with them, they are not t old, (old or not you need t prepere the coop for pradiator's
smack.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom