My new chick brooder, got it built really early for March!!

out? :/
becareful for pradiator's , from earth from the sky , from everywere, when you let them out stay with them, they are not t old, (old or not you need t prepere the coop for pradiator's
smack.gif
)
OK guess I wasn't too clear on that whole out thing... sorry not out side just out away from the heat. We are making sure 2 of our stalls are draft free and covering them with wire. and going to have 1 end covered to hold the heat in but also they can get out into the rest of the Stall, If they want. but I'm not putting them in the barn till 3 weeks of age. They will be in the house in the brooder till then. but I found out I got too many coming to stay in that too long.

OK guess I wasn't too clear on that whole out thing... sorry not out side just out away from the heat. We are making sure 2 of our stalls are draft free and covering them with wire. and going to have 1 end covered to hold the heat in but also they can get out into the rest of the Stall, If they want. but I'm not putting them in the barn till 3 weeks of age. They will be in the house in the brooder till then. but I found out I got too many coming to stay in that too long.
the place you live how is the waether? cold? t cold? (you have a verry nice coop there !
thumbsup.gif

the place you live how is the waether? cold? t cold? (you have a verry nice coop there !
thumbsup.gif
its cold it is 3 right now. supposed to get up to 30 today... better hurry up got a long way to go to get to 30. my hens got out some how yesterday (never happened before) and I was missing 6 at bed time. Found them scattered all over the place, roosting ON THE GROUND under different stuff. Don't know what that was all about????
barnie.gif
But boy were they happy to see me when I found them. I really think something must have scared them pretty good cause my girls NEVER get out in the snow, I always have to shovel the snow out of the run just to get them to come out of the coop.

going to look today in the daylight and see if I got holes in my fence and get that fixed. dont like them being out in the snow, no leaves on the trees to hide them and with snow on the ground can be seen real well.

this is the right think t do!!!!!!!!
with the cold and snow the wild animals cannot find easy food and they attack coop etc......

if you have a warm place for the chicks they are ok, and i know that the little one's they need to put them with the old one's the 2 month

plus i see your pic's you have verry nice chickens (i love t see coop with a lot of color-chicken you have brown white black and i think i see 1 yellow-brown (like blond)

for now i have 10 yellow chicks and 2 yellow and brown ...my little 12 chicks 1-3 day's old :)
wee.gif

yep I have a hen that I have no ideal what she is (probably a mutt) she is rust, brown, gold and black, she gives the darkest and biggest of my brn egg layers. The blond ones are my Buff Op's, only 1/2 of them are laying right now, but its cold and I guess they need to go through a molt, I'm told and then they should start laying.... I hope. this week my eggs have dropped to 8-9 a day from 13-14 so not too bad I don't think with the temps. can't wait till my babies get here, hubby is going to start on a brooder like Top Knot's this weekend. Got some extra time as the hatchery says they are delaying my shipment till the 18th.
hit.gif

yep I have a hen that I have no ideal what she is (probably a mutt) she is rust, brown, gold and black, she gives the darkest and biggest of my brn egg layers. The blond ones are my Buff Op's, only 1/2 of them are laying right now, but its cold and I guess they need to go through a molt, I'm told and then they should start laying.... I hope. this week my eggs have dropped to 8-9 a day from 13-14 so not too bad I don't think with the temps. can't wait till my babies get here, hubby is going to start on a brooder like Top Knot's this weekend. Got some extra time as the hatchery says they are delaying my shipment till the 18th.
hit.gif
when you want t everything going fast then all coming slow like a snail ..... here in Greece the store " monday your stuff they will be here" i am going monday "ohhh friday they will be here"
he.gif
and its all the time like this................... i dont know what kind of breed's i have ..they are really small, if you want you can see my profile pic , it is from yesterday

Back
Top Bottom