My new Chicken Tractor (In The Works)

OkChickens

Orpingtons Are Us
9 Years
Dec 1, 2010
Owasso, Oklahoma
I worked on the for about 2 hours this afternoon. It was really easy and tomorrow I am going to put on a roof!

72993_100_2060.jpg

72993_100_2061.jpg

Nate

How many chicken are you putting in there and will they sleep somewhere seperate...just asking as I am in the process of building a tractor.

I'm not sure what I will use it for but I just wanted to see the image I have been thinking of for the last few days. I might build a 8x8 or 8x12 for a grow out pen. I think I might run a wire skirt around the base to keep coons from digging.

Nate

hardware cloth was a great investment... Its pretty much predator proof if installed properly.

nice start,

i like your handle on one end, I need to do that to the similar sized tractor i built last year. I used lighter materials ( 2 x 2s). I was surprised at how heavy it was to move. so my advice is to buy good tires, I put on some push lawnmower tires that i had in the garage and its too hard to move easily.

jerry

Today I put a piece of plywood on the top and put a Trio of O Shamo in it and they loved it. The stag is to tall for it but the like it.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom