My new chicks are finally here, with a bit of mystery.

Logar

Chirping
Mar 31, 2024
So my new chicks arrived a day early! Out of All the chicks 6/5 arrived safe and sound. So yep, we got an extra surprise chick thrown in so we now are not going to be breaking the law! But anyway, I just need a bit of help making sure I know who is who.
So I am going to start out with the ones I know for sure- IMG_6104.jpeg
This is jingle, my dark Brahma!
IMG_6099.jpeg
This is Goldie the buff Orpington!
IMG_6114.jpeg
This is princess the light Brahma (and no I did not agree on the name)!

And now onto the ones that I am less sure of and who’s names may be switched around- IMG_6106.jpeg
I believe star is a barred rock.
IMG_6111.jpeg
I believe Luna is my blue jersey giant.
IMG_6109.jpeg
And I believe prudy is another barred rock.

They are all very active, eating well, and drinking well. Thank you all for helping me so much! I can’t wait to update as they grow!

The main reason I don’t think she is a jersey giant is because they were close to $20 each. And she just looks a bit different than what I have seen with them

Does she look like a blue rock to anyone? That seems to be the closest looking thing and they are pretty cheap as well making them a “better” extra in terms of business.

Just wondering, would it be ok to give them a very shallow bath in around 85 degree water? One of them seems a bit constipated and 3 have a bit of poop on their butts. It would only be for about 5-10 minutes and they would be dried off after. Thanks

Their website states: "We fulfill orders to 102%, so the extra(s) you may have received are something off your order!" So whatever she is, it's gotta be the same as one of your other chicks.
doesn't have to be sometimes they get the chicks that look alike mixed up.

Back
Top Bottom