My New Coop! 3/14 Today's progress pic on post #356

Sara and PC- Yeah the chickens all came out to inspect progress. I better keep them out of the construction area without hardhats.
gig.gif

Ashtray- This coop will be 10x16. I was going to go smaller but decided I really need all the room I can get.

Charlie- Yesterday was one of those rare days around here that I actually could have built it outside, but since those days are few and far between and all my materials were inside, I just opened the garage door and enjoyed some sunshine while I worked. It is nice to have the option to build it inside. If I had to wait for the weather, nothing would get done because by the time it warms up around here, I'll be back to work from dawn til dusk.

Quote:
.....and no steel toed boots!

Make sure when you set those rafters you get a crane to set em, don't want anyone getting hurt lifting too much, and tie yourself off to the roof, no one needs to fall. Got dust masks to keep the sawdust from being inhaled?.....and safety glasses? They are a must have! How often are you and your crew attending safety meetings?

Okay....so I'm kidding.....but I have had everyone of those questions asked to me.....figured you oughta know what you might be getting into.

Figure we should see more pics in about 4-5 days.....keep up the good work Buster!

Is that a crooked stud I see in that wall leaning against the tree?
hide.gif

Actually Steve, my dad is coming over today and I should be able to get some more stuff done. I need to return some of the lumber today because I got the wrong lengths for my rafters.

Where's a crooked board????? I'll fix it!
lol.png

BTW, I realized yesterday that I'm going to be in trouble when I go back to work because framing in the walls and the floor really wiped me out. I am not anywhere near the shape I was in when I was laid off.
hmm.png

Just remember half the nails in a box are for the opposite side of the building.

Also medically proven fact: Once you strike a finger with a hammer, that finger becomes magnitized and will continually draw the hammer to it again.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, I didn't get out my level like my grandpa would have, but I tried to keep them pretty straight.
wink.png

Ok..just for the record, I'm a Buster and Steve thread junkie. If you don't mind me asking, what does anti-martha mean? If it's a personal thing, then just tell me to buzz off.
big_smile.png

Opa- I've been there, done that. I've been avoiding hitting my finger with a hammer for that very reason.

Kansas Chicken Mama- Thanks! I try to keep most things fun, sometimes I succeed. Miss_Jayne called me "The Anti-Martha" because of my baking "skills".
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom