My New Coop! 3/14 Today's progress pic on post #356

I've been following this one and just wanted to let you know....
smile.png
I can't wait to see the pics too! Nice job!

Well, I finished my brooder yesterday.
thumbsup.gif

I used wood scraps from building crates that we build to put our copper range hoods in when we freight them.

All the hardware is from buckets of bolt stuff that over the years has been stripped off other things and set aside for future use. The front clasp is new, the locking hinges were from one of those cheap cardboard trunks that was water damaged. The light is new, and the sliding adjustment arm I welded was from drops off different jobs. I welded a piece of round bar to a 3/8 bolt, welded to peces of angle, drilled a 7/16 hole on one side, welded a 3/8 nut to the outside. This way I can lift the light up and down as they get older, and out of the way while I clean/feed the little fuzzys home.

aP2280874.jpg

aP2280880.jpg

The plexi glass was left over from a shelf/pot rack for a client, it was also free as the first cost was charged to the original job.

My total cost, $22.85....
celebrate.gif

OK, here are today's pics. My dad and brother came over and we went to town on things today in temperatures that were in the teens most of the day. We have another couple panels of OSB up that the pics aren't showing just to hold things together better. Now that we are putting things together, I realize all the things I screwed up on when measuring and building. It's OK though, nothing that can't be worked out. I'll know better for my next coop.
wink.png

5570_dsci0680.jpg

5570_dsci0682.jpg

I've been snooping in the background and it's your coop but I was under the impresion that your roof was going to be slanted the opposite way. If that made any sense could you share why you put the higher end under the tree's instead of the shorter. Thanks and by the way great coop so far.

Quote:
The chicken yard is going to be in front of the trees so I needed the pop doors on the front. If the roof sloped to the tree side, the snow would bury my pop doors. Also, the high side is more sheltered from the snow by the trees.

Sara- this coop is 10x16. Room for 40 more birds.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom