My New Coop! 3/14 Today's progress pic on post #356

Quote:
My BIL took an extra step back while he was 32 feet up on a roof two summers ago and fell all the way to the concrete, landed on his feet and did a half roll backwards. He shattered his feet and ankles, broke both legs and an arm.

Quote:
My BIL took an extra step back while he was 32 feet up on a roof two summers ago and fell all the way to the concrete, landed on his feet and did a half roll backwards. He shattered his feet and ankles, broke both legs and an arm.

Wow, thats why I never complain about wearing a safety harness.

It's looking really good!!! I can't believe how crazy the winds have been. I can't wait to see your coop in real life in a few weeks.
smile.png

Beautiful job, Buster. Mine is almost done. I need 2 more rafters (mouse size) and some paint. It's working out well, but it's way smaller than yours, LOL. But yours looks like something built for business, and is very professional. Good job!

Quote:
Thanks Sem. I am really hoping to have it done in the next two weeks. I am so glad that my dad has been willing to commit his Saturdays to helping me. He helped so much with putting things together and is going to help put the rafters up (not exactly a one person job) He's not a farm person at all so this is just something he's doing out of the kindness of his heart.
smile.png

I came up with an idea today to incorporate my quail pen into my coop and still have the birds separated. I found a "rabbit hutch" on Craigslist that looked immediately like it would make a great quail pen. I am going to put it in the coop with a droppings board just under it so they don't poop on my chickens. The pen is raised so I won't be losing any square footage for my chickens either. I'm going to take the chicken wire off the top and replace it with a sloped lid so the chickens can't roost on it. This will let me keep my quail in the coop away from predators and out of the weather and still keep them on wire but separated from my chickens. I'll post pics as I set that part of it up as well.

Quote:
LOL- If you knew all the screw ups I've made on this coop, you wouldn't ask.
lau.gif

Well, it looks a lot better than the coop I don't have yet!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom