Someone gave us a coop that was half way finished because they moved into town while they were building it. It's 10' x 6'. And like 8-10' tall. I don't know why anyone would make it that tall. But anyway. lol It was framed, roofed and had wafer wood on it. The guy tried to put it as close as he could to our exsisting run. But it was a little off. So we are trying to figure out how to bring the fence to it. It was actually really muddy the day he dropped it off. He had it on a dump trailer. And he tried to dump it. But it wouldn't slide off. So the coop was leaning over a huge ammount, and he tried to gun his truck. But he was stuck. So he had to unhook from the trailer and was ramming backwards trying to get enough speed to get out of the big mud hole his tires had made, and I was sure the coop was going to fall over and shatter. We finally dug him out, and pushed the coop off. It landed but it was at like a 45 degree angle in the mud. And it sat like that over the winter. haha. But we finally jacked it up and leveled it out. He gave us a bunch of pine siding to match our other coops. We got to the very end and needed like 5 boards. So we went to go get a few more from him. But he had sold it. And had to give us oak instead. Which doesn't match at all. lol Anyway. It has been crazy getting it here and this far. And it caused more problems then it was almost worth. And the fence will have to be changed or something to get it to the coop. Overall thinking back it might of been just as easy to build our own new coop. But not as cheap. Back Side. I really like the siding. Especially since it matches another coop and two sheds. It's a over 100 year farm. So everything is wood and rustic, so it fits right in. My mother and I put it on. Side. You can see the darker oak wood. And the little spot under the window that isn't done. We put that window in over the roosts for more light. It's a funnny shape but works great. Front and part of run. The run is really grown up. lol. my goats have been clearing it out. It's 12'x15'. I've been wanting an outside brooder for a while. Because family is getting tired of chicks in the house. So I decided to build a double stacked brooder inside. It took a while. But the top is now done, and the bottom just needs the vinyl flooring and the doors. The brooders are 6' x 2'. The top 12" tall, and the bottom is 18". I decided to put a chicken wire top on because it's pretty hot in there in the summer. In the winter I can always add a cover. A heat light with a 60=100 wyatt bulb sits nicely on top. Tiny chicks go up top. Until they are too big. Then they can move to the bottom or go outside. The bottom can be used for big chicks, broodies, sick birds, or breeding pairs. I have a split in the bottom so I can slide a board in there and make it two seperate pens if needed. Front of brooder. Excuse the junk. I'm a messy builder. I had to hurry up and move the chicks out yesterday though as soon as I got the doors on because they were stinking up the house. lol After the bottom is finished everything will be cleaned and out and put away and the other birds will move in. I built it by myself. Pretty good for 115 pound girl. But DBF decided he wanted to help cut the vinyl flooring at the end. And he left a small crack in the left corner. And as you can see the chicks have scratched most of their shaving through the hole onto the bottom floor. So now I have to find a way to fill it in. Thats what I get for letting a guy help me. It's nearly done. We have to finish putting on the last few boards, put the doors and floor on the brooder. Stain all the siding. Hopefully it will make the oak blend in more too. They built the roof only to the edge and not overing hanging on the two sides. So we have some metal stripping we are going to put over to cover up the crack so rain doesn't run down under the siding. We also have to attach the run to it. Overall is has a glass window, a wire window which will have glass in the winter, the top of the door as hardware cloth and chicken wire on it. It has a 2" vent all the way around the top under the over hang. It didn't cost us much. I got the window out of a reject pile at the construction store. For $30 I think. The siding, and coop was a gift. I had all the wood and wire from scraps from other coops. I bought the vinyl flooring from mom's co worker for $10. I bought some nails, hinges, and latch hooks for like $10-$15. So for a total I think I spent around $50. Thats my kind of price. The run on the over hand cost a great deal more. I am pleased with it. I'm not an amazing builder, so some of the corners are not square, there are cracks, and places where it just doesn't quuite fit. But overall I think I did a pretty good job. And it's safe for my birdies. Can't wait to drive down to the Ohio Nationals and get me some Brahmas to fill it.