My new Coop de Ville is finally complete!

Tgallaher1

Chirping
Jul 11, 2016
Menifee, California
IMG_7882.JPG
IMG_7884.JPG
IMG_7825.JPG
IMG_7878.JPG

So happy with the final results!! I built this with my Dad! So glad we are finished...It was a labor of love for my chooks!!

Looks super nice congratulations
I'm wondering why is the roof so high, it looks like you have two roofs one covering the coop then a higher one that's slanted is that correct?

Great looking coop and I love the paint color. What a fun project to work on with your dad!

I'm wondering why is the roof so high, it looks like you have two roofs one covering the coop then a higher one that's slanted is that correct?
The box is self contained, we built this in three pieces...the box, the run, and the roof. The reason its high is because with being next to a wall, we wanted to make sure theres plenty of circulation under the roof. I live in so California and we have some super hot days. I didnt want to stifle the circulation around the box, as its warm enough already. The roof is really just to keep the rain off the box and some of the run...most years we get very little rain, and no snow.

The box is self contained, we built this in three pieces...the box, the run, and the roof. The reason its high is because with being next to a wall, we wanted to make sure theres plenty of circulation under the roof. I live in so California and we have some super hot days. I didnt want to stifle the circulation around the box, as its warm enough already. The roof is really just to keep the rain off the box and some of the run...most years we get very little rain, and no snow.
I'm in Wyo so don't deal with the heat that much would never have guessed that was the reason very smart :)

Back
Top Bottom