My New Coop

Thank you.
caf.gif

Thank you so much for posting the Youtube videos of your build. I have a few books, but seeing pictures in books and seeing the actual process "live" made a difference in my understanding. I'm hoping that with a bit of my husband's help, I can build something as nice as yours. You did a very good job. Don't sell yourself short by pointing out your mistakes. I'll bet even the most experienced carpenter makes mistakes once in a while. It looks nice and I know your flock will be happy.

Thank you very much for your kind words and good luck with your project. I was hoping when I posted the videos that it would be an encouragement to other people like me who have no previous experience. Glad you enjoyed them and found them helpful .
caf.gif

Thanks for posting your video. I have a coop addition made in sections in my garage. This has been the worst spring ever in the Chiccago area. I am waiting to get
a few days without rain and for someone to be around to lift and carry the sections out back to the existing coop. I have a vinyl floor already on the base
and I do not want to get it wet. So I wait for a few clear days. I planted starter plants of cucumbers once and they died from a 40 degree temp. I have new ones started
but it looks like it is going from the 80s to 40s overnight again. Tomatoes ,zuchinni, potatoes, pumpkin and peppers are surviving. I put beans in the other day.
I have two 8 week old chicks I will need to integrate with the three adult chickens.

So I wait for nice weather and soon it will be alot of fun again with my garden and chickens.
Wishing you a nice summer with your garden and chickens.

Thank you. I guess we are sharing your weather it has been a very cold wet spring here too. A few hours of nice sun yesterday afternoon now we are back into the clouds and cold wind. My peas, spinach and beets are starting to come up in the garden and I hope to transplant some spinach, lettuce, kale and fennel seedlings tomorrow. Still way to cold here to plant beans or put my tomatoes out. My chickens should arrive either tomorrow or Wednesday.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom