My New Coop

Trekker

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Campobello Island
I'm not a carpenter by any stretch of the imagination, actually my new coop is the first thing that I have ever even tried to build. I thought it might be an encouragement to any other chicken enthusiasts out there who are thinking about building there own believe me if I can do it you can do a better job with yours. LOL
he.gif
I can't post pictures yet but I seem to be able to post links so I thought I would show you what the finished product looks like and also give you the links to three short YouTube videos that I made documenting the construction project:

The New Coop: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dalecalder2003/5733928241/

Video # 1 :

Video # 2 :

Video # 3 :

I can hardly wait for my chicks to arrive next week. Getting a small number of birds shipped to Canada isn't an easy process, only a very few hatcheries want to be bothered because of all of the government regulations and paper work required and the ones who do mostly want to ship the standard size small order of 20 to 25 birds. Standard charge for the paperwork is $120.00 so my little order of 15 birds is costly. I live on the border Canada/USA and maintain a P.O. Box in the US so my birds will arrive in the mail mid week. The hatchery ships both small orders of standard size birds and bantams and that was just what I was looking for. This is my order:

Assorted Silkies St. Run 1
Mottled Cochin Bantams St. Run 3
Bantam Grab Bag St. Run 5
Brown Egg Layer Assortment Female 6

Here's hoping the bantams are not all roosters
bow.gif

Last edited:
Love the coop! It is darling- and it looks like it was built by a pro! Good for you!
smile.png

Paradise Chickens
"Poultry in Motion"

Back
Top Bottom