My new coup... with ??

THANKS JUAN!!
wink.png

Quote:
Got that covered! ( I think you tell me if this is what you meant...)

Here is the top main vent. There is 1x2" screening on the inside.

fd484d7b.jpg

Then more vents on each side, 3 3" round holes with metal vents covering them on either end and two more ( 6-3" holes with metal covers) on the "tall" wall.

e6106304.jpg

95580d66.jpg

Then the "ramp" to allow the girls to get up in the coup is retractable form outside the coup.

eb8cfac2.jpg

Today we where able to finish the frame work on the run cover as well as the hinges to lift it for cleaning.

2df5f23b.jpg

29b30b58.jpg

Just in time too as the Girls arrived early!!

a842a98e.jpg

They seem happy, they are 5mo old Road Island Red/Leghorn crosses. There was a couple eggs in the transport box!!
So far, the dogs are good, better than I expected. The jack Russell needed a reminder a couple times but now all but ignores them. ALREADY!! Our Lhasa just sits and watches them like a judge...

CW

Last edited:
You might consider tin on the nest/storage door as well. It looks like the coop roof will shed water directly onto it. The added protection would help a bit. Just a thought, but I think it looks great
smile.png

Quote:
Good idea!! I was kinda at a loss as what to put on there... I have some alum printing plates I'll add it tomorrow!!

THANKS!!

CW

I got the "tin" on the nesting box!! Thanks for the tip Remuda!!

I also got a coat of stain on the new trim and second coat on the rest.

44e74aa4.jpg

Then we decided some additional light was in order so we added two 8x10 lexan windows to the door.

09f41843.jpg

The girls seem to like the view..

712305fe.jpg

Lastly here is the complete coup. I could not have done such a good job with out the many resources and great advice I have received here!!

df7acec2.jpg

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

CW

Last edited:
ep.gif
Ohhhh wow!!
thumbsup.gif

The only suggestion I'd make is using a 2 x 4 layed flat for the roost instead of the dial rods. When they roost at night, its more like they sit down flat on the board (and cover their feet) and need it for extra support to hold them in place. They will tuck their head in and hang their butt over the board for .... ummm well... bathroom reasons.

But the coop totally looks awsome and you did a great job!! I can't believe you did it in such a short time!! I'm gonna show this to my hubby.
clap.gif

Quote:
This is the second suggestion I received about using 2x4's for roosting boards... I will swap them out today!!

THANKS everyone!

CW

Back
Top Bottom