My new Dexter cow's are home!!!! :)

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
We purchased 6 Dexter's from a lady in Colorado. They arrived here last night. I am sooooo excited!!! We got 1 Red Bull, 2 Black Cows (3-4 years old), 2 Black Yearling Heifers and a 3 month old Black heifer calf. This adds to our Black Dexter Cow and Dexter/Sundog cross heifer calf we already have. So we now have 7 Dexters and Zoey, the Dexter/Sundog calf. They are all so pretty and are doing really well!! We got really lucky, they are all gentle, and fairly friendly. We can even pet the bull.
smile.png
Here are some pictures of them from the breeders website (which I have permission to use.
smile.png
)

Tighe (the Bull)
Tigher.jpg

Mayflower
Mayflower.jpg

Antero
Antero.jpg

Spruce
Spruce.jpg

Sydney
Sydney.jpg

Jewel
Jewel.jpg

Last edited:
those are some goodlooking dexter cows an heifers.its best to always watch the bull an never trust him.

Yes, they are pets. We plan on breeding them and selling the calves. We are very cautious with the bull, but he really is a sweetheart. We got very lucky with him!! We were even able to try to milk Mayflower, the oldest one, as her calf was recently weaned, but I think she has already dried up to much, as we were not able to get milk from her. I can't wait for next spring/summer we will have 5 new dexter calves.
smile.png
We are having so much fun with them!!

Last edited:
Thier nice looking animals! Watch that bull close. A friendly bull isn't always the best idea. Make sure he knows who is boss and don't turn your back on him or any other bull.

Do you know about...

Cowsmiley-2.jpg
Nifty started this one about a month ago. We'd love to see your pics there too!

Watch your chickens around them!!! There have been several people on here who have experienced their Dexters eating/killing chickens. Congrats on the new pets!!!!

Congrats, Ive always wanted a Dexter or 2. I wish I could fine some close by and cheap.

I have to ask, what is a Sundog? Ive never heard of them before.

Back
Top Bottom