My new/first Call ducks!

They (and the coop) look REALLY good Aaron! Great job!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you! Okay, will they need a heat lamp? You know that is a good idea for a business!

Yeah they are loving it, I hope. They really like the concrete mixing tub! Mixing tubs work really great.
big_smile.png
I am already looking, do you sell Calls?

I sure will!
smile.png

We've had many friends in your part of the country with call ducks and they didn't used heat lamps. Have to be very careful with them as, they are a fire risk. Good home with bedding and wind break. You can wrap the 2 sides that catch the breeze with thick plastic or a tarp to break the wind. Just have to mindful when you provide them with water during the winter. Be careful don't let them sleep in tub that can freeze. That happened to someone here on BYC. Miss Lydia posted a link. That duck froze in the bowl and had frostbite.
sad.png

Yes, we are NPIP & AI clean farm and we do ship calls, but shipping expenses are expensive.

Hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy those blue fawns.

We've had many friends in your part of the country with call ducks and they didn't used heat lamps. Have to be very careful with them as, they are a fire risk. Good home with bedding and wind break. You can wrap the 2 sides that catch the breeze with thick plastic or a tarp to break the wind. Just have to mindful when you provide them with water during the winter. Be careful don't let them sleep in tub that can freeze. That happened to someone here on BYC. Miss Lydia posted a link. That duck froze in the bowl and had frostbite.
sad.png

Yes, we are NPIP & AI clean farm and we do ship calls, but shipping expenses are expensive.

Hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy those blue fawns.
Okay, the temp here can get really cold. This morning it was 28 F. Okay I will definitely not let them sleep in their water!

I will enjoy them. Thanks again!
smile.png

No, I don't ship *yet*... I haven't decided whether I even want to try shipping Calls... :confused:

Btw, personally, I remove the swimming tubs once it gets consistently below freezing... just leave them with deep drinking water tubs so thdy can still flush out their eyes and nares and do 'sponge bath' cleanup... helps with keeping the bedding drier too... dry and draft free is the most important points for them during winter...

No, I don't ship *yet*... I haven't decided whether I even want to try shipping Calls...
hu.gif

Btw, personally, I remove the swimming tubs once it gets consistently below freezing... just leave them with deep drinking water tubs so thdy can still flush out their eyes and nares and do 'sponge bath' cleanup... helps with keeping the bedding drier too... dry and draft free is the most important points for them during winter...
Okay.

Okay I will do that, thank you!

:love I've just seen this now and they're absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE your pen- you've done a really great job building it. Would you recommend calls? 

Thank you so much!:) Yes I would, but you need to do your research first!:D ;). They are expensive though, pq Calls are around $60 (or cheaper depending where you get them) and sq Calls can be around $100 to $300!

Back
Top Bottom