my new girls wont eat

Gmoetech911

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 25, 2011
ok i know adding new hens to an existing flock topic has been beat to death but im having a new problem with this topic as i have added new chickens to my flock several times throughout the course of my chicken fatherhood....got two new leghorn hens about 5 mths old and i have 2 hens already( RIR and black star)i let them free range together all day introduced them and let them get aquainted and pecking was very mild and they all settled down together under some hedges in a nice shady spot and seemed all was right as rain... well statted getting dark so i put them all in the same coop and figured they would ne fine and i would do the same the following day, well family obligations arose so i lwft the new girls in with the old girls and had my wife keep a close watch that was about 4 days ago and it seems the old girls go wherever they want in the coop but the new girls pretty much dont move from the enclosed nesting area and dont come down to wat drink forage or anything ive had this problem before but lasted a day or more never this long im getting worried and want the new girls to eat and i dont have another coop for more of a seperation period!!!!

any input??

welcome-byc.gif

Are you sure they are not eating and drinking? 4 Days is a long time to go without. Try putting some food and water where they hang out and give them time.

i put a small feeder in that area and hopefully they are but it just seems they go as far away from the other girls as possible its abot a 20 sq ft coop as soon as the old girls jump up they jump down and vice versa i feel they will not be beat up with pecking just too skidish and scared to explore the coop and eat from the feeder they just sit up in the nesting area standing on the boxes or hiding laying down in the corners

checked the feeder up top and seems that they are not really eating that either ....

dont know what to do othe than try and build a seperate enclosure somehow

Back
Top Bottom