My New HORSE!!!!! I'm so excited!!

Oh Barbara is a dear! Well known as well! I believe she had Coral LaCE, I believe and we do have a Paso farm (two of them) that uses Majestuoso and Coral LaCE for their breeding stock not far from here, north of Springfield...Greenview, I believe. Lovely people but they have priced themselves so far out of reach out here that they hardily sold any. Beautiful horses tho!

El Batey, I knew of the stock very well and they had alot of Cabal and LaCE lines in them along with Majestuoso/Mar de Plata and I remember glossing over their sales stuff, they include pictures and pedigrees of each and every horse of every color and every disclipinary training. Alot of them were pretty small back then, some were mostly in the 14 hands range.

Speaking of Nevado, he was very popular! I remember that 8 on his front shoulder...Resorte IV and Resorte III were my favorite horses of a chestnut color. Yep I had my favorites LOL! I really like Ardita, if you do remember her, she crossed well with El Pastor and her offsprings done well with Resorte lines.

I am trying to remember which El Batey but that was back in the mid 80's. However I do remember very well, the drug kingpin which he was well known for fino fino. Don Fabio Ocha......ewwwwwwwwwww! It was so amazing how little these horses were ridden by a HUGE guy!

Robin Ratliff and her mother are very sweet people and very orientated with young people getting into Pasos. Ray LaHood and Rosalie MacWilliam were wonderful people too, had one book that was autographed by Rosalie but sadly it was not returned by someone who wanted to borrow the book to read about Pasos. I sold all my paso stuff two years ago, the rare books and all that stuff. I still have my old copies of the pedigrees and pics of the Paso Finos back in the 70's and 80's. People really liked it.

Capunchino was a lousey horse...nasty disposition and "fell apart" kind of horse. They just can not withstand hours of riding without coming up lame in one way or the other.

Your gelding is one beautiful horse and I wish you all the luck...I envy you! I sure did miss my Pasos, Muneca, Bolero, Negra, Nina, and Danino. They were all wonderful horses of different types of skill but all of them were good trail horses. Bought every one of them except for Nina, from a private breeder down in Southern Illinois..unfortunately i dont think he is raising them anymore. I love his El Pastor daughter and granddaughters but they were so priced out of reach.

There was a breeder I can not remember her name.........good God, she was spacey! I do remember her owning a grey stallion from Colombia. I was lookign around her farm as part of the "work program" from college to gain work experience on a horse farm.

There was one horse I would steer clear away from was Balisarda ltd. He was a very NASTY horse but thanks to the owner and the enivornment, it made him that way and thank God, he was gelded later on. His babies sometimes got his nasty temperment or attitude. Glad I didn't work there long enough to make any impression or any referral she badly needed to make a go on her farm. I do remember a very sweet aged bay mare she had...think her name was "Amarilla" and her breeder was the famed Lakehart Farms. I think she had a "con vivo" as her last name. I have to ask my friend about her.

No, not the same Chino. Im not sure of his reg. name but they call him Chino for short.
Hes located in Milledgeville but came from an Arleen Klungle here in Monroe.

They are looking to sell him right now actually.
Here is a picture of him a few years ago (obviously under worked), but its still neat to see "siblings"
I think hes about 6-7 in this picture
chino-1.jpg

From what I know of "chino" hes a very stand offish horse and not really... Spooks ...but its kind of a nervy horse.
He gets into his gates real easy and will stay in them though.

Last edited:
Has he been delivered yet! I think I'm as excited as you are about this! It's always very exciting to get a new horse. Can't wait to see pics of him in his new home! Congratulations!

Yes he is here! In the rush to meet them at the stables guess who forgot the camera??? me. BUT Andria did take a couple and will email them to me and i will post them if Squishy doesnt (she hates having her picture taken)
lol.png

Yes HES HERE!!!!

He came right about the time you posted.. noon... and we only just got back home a little while ago, if that gives you an idea how long we spent at the stables with him.. hehehe!!

After he arrived.. we let him out in the paddock for a bit to stretch his legs... but he got a bit over excited in a new place and sweaty in the Florida heat so brought him in after a bit.. I gave him a rinse off and combed his mane and tail out.... which of course he stood like a dream for in the crossties hehehe... and after he dried off.. let him get used to his stall and gave him some hay. Once he was completely dry, I went in his stall with some brushes and drooled all over him for a while... and he was quite happy to get brushed and have me hand delivering morsels of hay for him so His Highness did not have to lower his head. Hehehehe! He sniffled and lipped my hair a few times.. though I can almost hear him wondering "Who are you anyway??" LOL.
He is so CUTE with his water.. he swishes his mouth out in it and then was spitting streams of water out.. almost intentionally... it was sooo CUTE!!!!!!!
Then we set up chairs outside his stall and oggled him for an hour or two.. LOL!
Then gave him his dinner and hay and topped up his water and said bye... sniff sniff.

I'm going back to see him tomorrow!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom