My new horse!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Willowspirit, Jun 19, 2019.

1. DuckWhisperer06

DuckWhisperer06 Songster

Mar 17, 2019
    South of DFW
    Reba is still my favorite name. :fl

cluckmecoop7 likes this.
  2. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller

byrdie

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Lol, my grandhorse's name is Bob....jockey club name Bob Is Back, there were plans for a different barn name when my daughter got him, but Bob/Bobby just fit him so it has stuck
    11903.jpeg

perchie.girl likes this.
  4. Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm Chirping

Jun 3, 2019
    Eek! I was just using it as an example! :< He’s very pretty! He’s a thoroughbred?

5. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I know, just struck me as funny.....
    Yes, her second OTTB

6. Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm Chirping

Jun 3, 2019
    He’s gorgeous! What’s his coloring? How old is he? I’ve always wanted to work with an OTTB but after working with my boy through his terrible fives, I’m perfectly happy with having a calm WB. I have high respects for people who work with OTTBs. Maybe when I’m older I’ll work up the courage to take one on lol.

7. perchie.girl

They arent all Hot.... Depends on their track training and their training off season. Some trainers acutally hack their horses in the off season... Trail ride with them.... Good for their mind and body...

deb

Yorkshire Coop likes this.
  8. perchie.girl

That horse started out as bay I am assuming with the rose grey .... He will be all white eventually with a few red flecks and a black mane and tail... Really pretty color.

deb

9. perchie.girl

My one and only OTTB was a sweetie pie. No pinfiring built like a grey hound even when in good muscle. you could rid him at the canter along the trail with just a snaffle bit. He had some scaring in his Sacroiliac regon and would collapse if you backed him up too quickly... Chiro helped alot with that.

He was actually an excellent driving candidate. Good mind Very little fear no spook... Oh hed jump but only to plant his feet.... Very nice. I would have started him in harness if I hadnt been pregnant at the time.

deb

10. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Yep....Bob's trainer is one of those. Bob made trips to the beach, trails, etc ..... he was one of her favorites for pleasure riding....and he was the "babysitter" for the yearlings in their pasture.

Yorkshire Coop and perchie.girl like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: