My new incubator(they're hatching)pics, final numbers

redneck

Songster
14 Years
May 25, 2007
Lynchburg,Tn.
I got the itch to build another incubator. I had a 12 volt cooler that I never used anymore. I took it apart and started building. I used a hot water heater element, Accurite temp/humidity, and a water wiggler. I also scavenged another pc fan.
01010104.jpg

01010105.jpg

01010212-1.jpg

01010211-1.jpg

I set 30 eggs 12 Road Island Reds, 12 Black Stars, and 6 Bantams.

Last edited:
It is very stable on the temp. I have got it between 99.1 and 100 degrees. It takes very little water to raise the humidity. I have to keep all the vents open. I set all the eggs on the 5th of Sept.

AHH! I see a bow arrow
tongue.png
. Very nice work! I'm also trying to make an custom incubator.

Last edited:
I have several 1/2 inch holes. 2 in front 1 in the side. I will get some pics of the sides. As far as the humidity, I have a false bottom I have a small bowl under the Styrofoam floor. I can poor water through the floor to fill the bowl. When my eggs hatch I will take a few pics of the floor. I will take the eggs out at day 18.

Last edited:
wont the eggs near the light be over the temperature since the light bulb becomes really hot and its really close to the egg

I have a fan that circulates the air, i hope that will help. I moved the water wiggler around in the bator for a few days and my temps were pretty constant.

Back
Top Bottom