My new muscovy ducklings!

Pics

Soon2BChixMom

Herding ducks and Wrangling chickens
Jan 8, 2017
I just got these feathered sweeties from @Nyla. They are almost a week old. 3 ducks and 1 drake - as of yet unnamed.
I have read so much and still feel like I know nothing!
IMG_20180319_103511410.jpg
IMG_20180319_150126770.jpg
IMG_20180319_150119894.jpg

Do you have a cake pan you can put the food and water in and put the board back and let them stand on it to eat and drink if they are too small to get to it other wise. That will keep the bedding drier Iuse scrap 2X4 etc to use as steps and such when I have babies Looking back at you pic you can leave with board under dishes and just put another board in front to let the littles stand on. You can show them the food and water if they haven't found it yet.

Yep, I can do that!
Added more too.:) and relax your doing fine. You be trying all different kinds of things before your happy with how your set up.

@onaharley can help you from beginning till now 3weeks with her littles. She has done a great job adapting.

Added more too.:) and relax your doing fine. You be trying all different kinds of things before your happy with how your set up.

@onaharley can help you from beginning till now 3weeks with her littles. She has done a great job adapting.
Ok, I read your additions too. I put the board in front of the dishes with it lower than the shavings so that it makes a step. This is temporary as I know they grow fast.
They must have found the water because their nares aren't as dry and there were tiny water droplets on the bin where they huddled.

Back
Top Bottom