My new muscovy ducklings!

Pics
I personally would quickly scoop the ducklings up and put them in a 5 gallon bucket for transport. I use this method for all my young poultry I put out during the day. The bucket gets laid on it's side in the outside pen and works as cover, as well as heating up in the sun like a little brooder. When I'm ready to return them to their brooder they go in the bucket again and ride back in. They all get the system pretty quickly, and some even will start to get in position when I go to pick them up since I do it with their heads facing me.

I use this system whether it be chicks, ducklings or poults. The fence stands on it's own and I put it somewhere new each day. If it's warm I also provide shade in the form of a lawn chair, or another bucket set up to provide shade.

Sorry I checked my spelling and spell check was at work again. It hopefully makes more sense now.

Last edited:
I personally would quickly scoop the ducklings up and put them in a 5 gallon bucket for transport. I use this method for all my young poultry I put out during the day. The bucket gets laid on it's side in the outside pen and works as cover, as well as heating up in the sun like a little brooder. When I'm ready to return them to their brooder they go in the bucket again and ride back in. They all get the system pretty quickly, and some even will start to get in position when I go to pick them up since I do it with their heads facing me.

View attachment 1321466

I use this system whether it be chicks, ducklings or poults. The fence stands on it's own and I put it somewhere new each day. If it's warm I also provide shade in the form of a lawn chair, or another bucket set up to provide shade.

Sorry I checked my spelling and spell check was at work again. It hopefully makes more sense now.
I never got the notification for this post, so your spell check corrections worked!
This is great! I will give it a try. I am hoping to do so tomorrow. Today, however a hawk flew over while I was letting the chickens out in their open pen. So, I will definitley have to make sure the ducklings are well protected.
What size of hw cloth is that? It looks really strong.

Last edited:
I never got the notification for this post, so your spell check corrections worked!
This is great! I will give it a try. I am hoping to do so tomorrow. Today, however a hawk flew over while I was letting the chickens out in their open pen. So, I will definitley have to make sure the ducklings are well protected.
What size of hw cloth is that? It looks really strong.
It's not hardware cloth. It's a bit stiffer. I can find them around here at the farm stores. The spacing is I believe 1/2 by 1 inch. It stands roughly 3 feet tall and is 10 feet long. We zip tie it into a circle and it can stand alone. If necessary you can attach a top with bird netting or chicken wire.

Sneak peek of today's session.
Unfortunately, I did not get them outside. Either I can't read my weather app right or they changed the forecast. I am going with they changed it. :lol:
It has been raining all day
Anywho...here is your sneak peek.
20180403_170057.jpg

Back
Top Bottom