My new Nankin babies! (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by havi, Aug 22, 2010.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    These are my new Nankins that I hatched 3 weeks ago. The little Welsummer is 2 weeks old, but is much bigger than the others. The Welsummer I named Willow, but I need names for the other three. Anyone else have Nankins?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    [​IMG]

3. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Thanks. The nankins are going through the ugly stage right now. Im not really a bantam fan, but I love these little ones. And the welsummer is the one I named Willow.

4. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    ive seen alot of pics of baby nankins have yet to see an adult lol they look cute

5. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:Awww, thank you [​IMG] I have a Welsummer hen and she's very sweet. Willow will watch over that baby!

6. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
  7. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:Awww, thank you [​IMG] I have a Welsummer hen and she's very sweet. Willow will watch over that baby!

I was happy to. Willow touched my heart in the short amount of time I know him. It only seemed right since I had new babies. One Willow leaves this world and a new one enters. Ive never had a full welsummer. Just mixes and EEs that look like them.

8. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska

I was happy to. Willow touched my heart in the short amount of time I know him. It only seemed right since I had new babies. One Willow leaves this world and a new one enters. Ive never had a full welsummer. Just mixes and EEs that look like them.

[​IMG] It's still hard...it still hurts and will... opening the store and he's not there, closing the store and he's not there... pill time... feeding time... it's tough.

Take care of that baby [​IMG] Welsummers are very pretty too!

9. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:I was happy to. Willow touched my heart in the short amount of time I know him. It only seemed right since I had new babies. One Willow leaves this world and a new one enters. Ive never had a full welsummer. Just mixes and EEs that look like them.

[​IMG] It's still hard...it still hurts and will... opening the store and he's not there, closing the store and he's not there... pill time... feeding time... it's tough.

Take care of that baby [​IMG] Welsummers are very pretty too!

Over time it will hurt a little less. But he will always be there with you in your heart and memories. Memories are the best! What you have to think about is he his having a blast with his dad and other siblings. And that someday you will be able to meet up with him again.

I was trying to figure out if it was a he or a she. And I had a couple people tell me that shes defintely a girl. Which is good. That is what I was hoping for!

10. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    They Look Great! Nankins are cute little birds [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by