My new Peababies

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by cutiepieacres, Sep 1, 2010.

1. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Songster

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    I just got these guys a few days ago. I was so excited to be able to get some Peafowl of my own as I have always admired them. They are settling in well. They are sweet babies and are pretty tame. They are India Blues possibly white eye. I really like these guys a lot. They are Contesse and Marquess. Contesse is in the front.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NeoRoey

NeoRoey Chirping

Aug 27, 2010
    They're called peachicks, not peababies.

3. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Songster

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    well yes formally I guess, but Peababies sounds pretty darn cute in my book [​IMG]

4. 3chimama

3chimama Songster

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Heck yes peababies ;D Very pretty!!
    Quote:

5. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Cute! Congrats on the pair [​IMG] And welcome to the peafowl section!

6. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Congrats cutiepieacres and welcome!!!

Looks like possibly a boy and maybe a girl from your pics. Not totally sure about your second one. Can you do a shot from the top like this:
    This shows 2 girls and a boy (chick on left). The males have barring on their backs that the girls loose.

[​IMG]

Your chicks SHOULD be tame [​IMG] .

Anyone any ideas on color of cutiepieacres chicks?

And BTW cutiepieacres the chicks in my pics were my first and from Cindy's eggs

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  7. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Songster

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    Thank you Phage for my babies! I really like these guys a lot. I can tell they were handled as babies as they are comfortable with being held. Ill see if I can grab an shot above, I am pretty sure they are boy & girl there is quite a difference in their coloring.

8. Kev

Kev Crowing

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Hey, I call their eggs Peaeggs, so you can guess what I think of Peababies.. [​IMG]

Phage's pic is one of the best I've seen for showing the sex differences. Yep one boy and one girl and the boy seems to be showing white eye characterstics- the slight "sugar frosted' look but pic also looks maybe a little overexposed, so hard to tell if the female is too or not.

9. sequoiacyclist

sequoiacyclist Songster

May 29, 2010
    Visalia, CA
    Awwww....I would love to have peafowl, but I am afraid my lab would turn them into dinner. Maybe I should rehome the dog.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: