My New Quail Aviary

C0pperFeather

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2019
Virginia
Hey guys. Fairly new here, but wanted to share with you the Quail Aviary I just completed yesterday. It was quite the project, as I did it all by myself, but am happy with the results and the Quail absolutely love their new home! As I'm sure you can see, I built the Aviary on a slope. It is 10x16 with a closet inside where I can store extra hay, feed, tools, etc. The roof is made of clear Suntuf 8' panels you can buy at Home Depot. Because the enclosure is way out back and I dont want to constantly drag a hose out there (and because we want to be able to take vacations) I opted for a 60 gallon rain barrel with poultry cups drilled into the bottom as their waterer. I used ACV (1 TBS per gallon) so the water doesn't become algae infested. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• Quail Aviary_Full View.jpg
    Quail Aviary_Full View.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 71
  • Quail Aviary_Front View.jpg
    Quail Aviary_Front View.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Quail Aviary_View From Outside Front.jpg
    Quail Aviary_View From Outside Front.jpg
    875 KB · Views: 63
  • Quail Aviary_View From Inside Front.jpg
    Quail Aviary_View From Inside Front.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • Quail Hutches.jpg
    Quail Hutches.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • Quail Aviary_View From Inside Back.jpg
    Quail Aviary_View From Inside Back.jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Feeders.jpg
    Feeders.jpg
    943.7 KB · Views: 63
That is completely awesome! I love it! I would have to build one twice as big though. I like the shelters. I going steal your shelter plans. How tall did you make the access space?
Thank you. It is as tall as I made the posts, which are about 6'6" at the front of the enclosure. Let me know how it turns out!

Back
Top Bottom