My New Quail Aviary

Discussion in 'Quail' started by C0pperFeather, Aug 13, 2019 at 3:29 PM.

1. C0pperFeather

C0pperFeather Hatching

Jul 14, 2019
    Virginia
    Hey guys. Fairly new here, but wanted to share with you the Quail Aviary I just completed yesterday. It was quite the project, as I did it all by myself, but am happy with the results and the Quail absolutely love their new home! As I'm sure you can see, I built the Aviary on a slope. It is 10x16 with a closet inside where I can store extra hay, feed, tools, etc. The roof is made of clear Suntuf 8' panels you can buy at Home Depot. Because the enclosure is way out back and I dont want to constantly drag a hose out there (and because we want to be able to take vacations) I opted for a 60 gallon rain barrel with poultry cups drilled into the bottom as their waterer. I used ACV (1 TBS per gallon) so the water doesn't become algae infested. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - nicely done on the aviary.

007Sean and le_bwah like this.
  3. rlchatham

rlchatham Chirping

May 9, 2017
    SW Oklahoma
    That is completely awesome! I love it! I would have to build one twice as big though. I like the shelters. I going steal your shelter plans. How tall did you make the access space?

007Sean and le_bwah like this.
  4. le_bwah

le_bwah Crowing

May 1, 2018
    Boise, ID
    My Coop
    What a great project—I hope you and your birds enjoy it! And thank you for sharing pictures!

007Sean likes this.
  5. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Nice looking aviary. Best wishes to you and you're birds. :thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: