My new retired Factory Hens!

BlueFoxSpringer

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
I got two hens today, they came from a commercial factory. Th
ey look to be in rough shape, but I guess they will feather out with time. They were housed in pretty close quarters. They seem healthy, but a little scared. Although, I think they like their extra space! I'll probably wait a few weeks before I let them on the grass. So, here is a photo of them! They are named Peggy and Margaret!

By the way, they are about a year and a half in age. They also called them Bovanes, I believe.

I actually went back and got two more hens! As soon as I put them with the first two, they perked up and started scratching and pecking around. I guess they needed more hens to feel like a flock! None layed an egg today, but they seem to be healthy and active.

Awe, you are good person for giving them a better life then they had thus far. They are going to reward you with lots of tasty eggs.

Give them a little treat every day and they will grow to love you.

Someone layed an egg this morning! The shell was paper thin on it. I'll put some oyster she'll out for them. Bless their little chicken souls!

My hubby and I wanted to rescue some hens, but we don't know where any egg hatcheries are. How do you find them?
We found ours because thw chicken farm had signs on the road that they had chickens for sale. I didn't know they were even there until I followed the signs!

Back
Top Bottom