My new roo

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by farmerlor, Jan 13, 2009.

1. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Got this boy from a farmer yesterday. Weeeeee! He's only about 10 weeks old but he's already assumed the responsibility of head honcho. So, EE or Ameracauna and is he a particularly good representation of the breed as such?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    How pretty! I'd say EE, and since they're not techincally a breed I'd say an awesome one! [​IMG]

3. SeramaSweetie

SeramaSweetie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2008
    Thomaston, Georgia
    I have no earthly idea what he may be, but he is insanely beautiful!

4. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    Watch your hiney! At 10 weeks old, you probably have a surprise attitude adjustment coming your way. It seems like out of the blue the EE roosters will get mean as they get older. But he's pretty.

Word of caution: Just don't turn your back on him...

[​IMG]

5. sandypaws

sandypaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    almost all of the EE/ameracauna roosters i have owned or met have been highly aggressive... watch your back!!!!!
    i have one attack my head as i was collecting eggs.. spurred my head made me bleed..
    my friend had one so mean it took 2 people to go into the chicken yard.. one to hold the rake to keep the rooster back, the other person to grab the eggs, fill the water bowls, etc... she named him "chester the molester"
    i wont own another one... i want sweet roosters (like the maran i have now)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  6. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Really? Oh man, I really don't need another mean roo. The kids were terrified of the last one (JG). So far he lets me pick him up though he doesn't ask to be picked up like the girlies. Maybe if I keep handling him he'll be nice to me?

7. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Green legs=Easter Egger

8. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Our EE and EE/black australorp roos were all calm and non-aggressive. Hope your luck is as good as ours. He's definitely an EE.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by