My new Silkie Babies :)

Thanks! I dont know about the vaulted thing... I havent really messed with them a whole lot... just giving them loves and pets. Trying to get them used to me. I have the Lavender (?) and Black so far loving on me.

Two questions: Is it normal to get barring in a blue? Mine seems to have lighter coloured bars in with its dark blue. Also Im actually not sure on the little one that I said was a buff... Does this look buff or a really light partridge? Because there seems to be a different just a touch darker colour on the wings. (You can kinda see this in the picture)

Oh and if anyone has any awesome ideas on names let me know! I havent thought of a theme yet (If I do one) but the older blue one is already named Sinatra, so I only need names for the babies
smile.png

So update... The first one died this morning
sad.png
Dont know why but when I got up it was cold. I put her under a heat lamp and about 20 minutes later she was dead. The others had kinda kept to a group and so often I saw her alone - perhaps she was sick already. Maybe she just got cold in the night. I dunno. The others seem to be doing ok right now. All chipper and cheerful.

Oh and I checked on the vaulting... yep the really puffy headed ones do seem to have cone heads LOL

Quote:
You mean you don't keep them under a heat lamp 24/7???

No I dont. But I didnt with Sinatra either. Its been hot here even indoors. I get the feeling though something was already wrong with her when I got her. Like I said the other babies were rarely next to her, so perhaps they knew something I didnt. *shrug* The other three are fine. It was just that one.

Quote:
You mean you don't keep them under a heat lamp 24/7???

No I dont. But I didnt with Sinatra either. Its been hot here even indoors. I get the feeling though something was already wrong with her when I got her. Like I said the other babies were rarely next to her, so perhaps they knew something I didnt. *shrug* The other three are fine. It was just that one.

hmm... how hot?

Quote:

hmm... how hot?

Apparently not hot enough... :-/ Didnt realise it had to be around 90 degrees. Like I said I didnt have a problem with the heat with Sinatra... but maybe it was because I held her all the time... and she was a week older when I got her. Ive since moved the heat lamp onto the other three... they are already "sun bathing" in it. I had forgotten I had my last babies outside in a coop and turned the lamp on at night and off during the day (weather temps are well in the upper 90s during the day... hadnt quite hit the 100s at that point) Well Now I just feel stupid... I could totally have prevented that. Maybe they WERE avoiding her because she cried so loud... I dont know. Sad too because she was sooooo pretty :-/

Back
Top Bottom