My new toy...wheeee!

ninjapoodles

Sees What You Did There
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Central Arkansas
I got an early birthday present from my mom--my sister's birthday is 5 days before mine, and Mom got us both Kindles.
ep.gif

Now, I have been eyeing this thing since the day that Amazon rolled it out, but the price tag was just too much for me. I kept waiting, thinking it would go down...and it did, but only by about 10%. Still too steep for me. But Mom got one for herself a few months ago, and loves it so much that she got them for my sister and me. Woo-HOOO! This thing. Is. AWESOME.

Does anyone else have one? So far, my favorite thing about it is the fact that I can just think of a book I want to read, and then have it IN MY HANDS in a matter of seconds, no matter where I am!
wee.gif

Another really important factor for me, as a true book junkie, is that it's going to really cut down on clutter, especially around my bedside table. I usually have a leaning tower of literature in that area, stacked and stacked until it topples over, and then stacked some more. Now my stacks are all contained in one little handheld unit!
love.gif

I love my new toy.
big_smile.png

So Its an electronic Book? Or you load books on it like an IPOD? How exactly does it work? I may need to look into this! Sounds so so interesting and I LOVE my books!

Edit to add: GLAD YOU LOVE YOUR NEW TOY

Last edited:
It's like an e-reader ON STEROIDS .
tongue.png

It can connect wirelessly to Amazon anytime, anyplace, so say, like I did the other night, you're riding in the car and decide, "Hey, it's been a long time since I read Ken Follett's "The Eye of the Needle." BAM. There it is, in your hands! There's nothing to download, no USB ports to worry with, nada. Just instant gratification!
lol.png

In addition to books, you can also get tons of newspapers, magazines, and blogs, by subscription. It even gives you a personal Kindle email address (10 cents per message) to use if you want to take advantage of the "better than internet" wireless connection.

id seen it too and thought it was cool, but the price was way too much. Do you have to pay to get the books on it? Your so lucky.

Quote:
I know. I would NEVER have bought something like this for myself. Ever. And yeah, you buy the books. The idea is that nothing is over $9.99, and you keep it forever just like any other book you'd buy. That's a considerable savings over a bestselling hardback. So far, I haven't even bought anything that cost that much. The ones I've picked have all been around $5, and I got a couple for my daughter (The Wind in the Willows, Grimm's Fairy Tales, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz) that were $1 each.

The price point on the thing really is high. Although, now that I've had the opportunity to play with one, I get why it's worth it. You can't imagine the difference this will make in my home, in clutter alone. Plus, it's always in my purse, so anytime I have to wait somewhere, I can just pull it out and read anything I want.

This is the kind of thing I DREAMED about when the Internet went public.

Never heard of anything like that before. Interesting. I dont think I would like it myself-I like to actually hold the book in my hand and put a bookmark in it. Yeah, I know, I'm backward, LOL. Very nice of your mom to get that for you, though.
smile.png

That is the coolest thing since the salt free ice cream maker!!! I read a lot too. Right now I am going to the used book store to recycle books because of money. I want one on those thing!!

Quote:
YES. The new "e-ink" technology is kind of amazing. It really looks like ink on paper. I finished my first book on it inside of 24 hours, so....
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom