My new yellow labrador puppy!!! *18-month Update pg 4, w/ photos*

My baby is ONE YEAR OLD!!! I can hardly believe it...I've waited a while for this milestone!
smile.png
He's still puppy
tongue.png
but he is definitely getting calmer and more obedient and attentive. He does not chew and pick stuff off the floor as much as he used to, although he still loves eating crayons and Kleenexes and grabbing plastic bags out of the bag-sack in our kitchen.
tongue.png
It's been a year filled with struggles and fun and love! There were times when I began to wonder what I'd gotten myself into, but my parents were always encouraging and God is gracious, and here we are - and Boaz is a year old!!! He's 70lbs. now and can jump about five feet straight up in the air. He loves fetch and eating and jumping - and although he's not against swimming, he'll avoid it if possible.
smile.png
Silly lab.

Here he is:
28038_102_6609.jpg

28038_102_6615.jpg

28038_102_6629.jpg

7 months - 1 year
tongue.png

28038_100_4686.jpg
28038_102_6621.jpg

28038_100_4665.jpg
28038_102_6632_2.jpg

Thanks for all your support here!
smile.png

Guess what! Boaz slept OUT of his kennel last night! I know he's almost 18 months old, but he often grabs things he shouldn't (and has often chewed his leash when stationed) and so hasn't been allowed out overnight before when no one's watching. But last night I stationed (leashed) him beside my bed and he was such a good puppy - he slept all night and had very few problems...except for accidentally knocking the clock off the dresser and cracking the outer plastic of the display.
tongue.png
I'm so happy and proud of him - and maybe this means his ginormous kennel can perhaps move out of my small bedroom.
tongue.png

Eighteen months, eighty pounds (or between seventy and eight pounds), over eighteen inches tall (by far!
smile.png
), eight-inch tongue, eight hundred times as much energy as a young non-labrador - my Boaz. A super-smart, cute, sometimes annoying Labrador Retriever whom I love.
smile.png

Bo
28038_100_1710.jpg

My boy
28038_100_1713.jpg

Prince Boaz
28038_100_1714.jpg

The Leap
28038_100_1716.jpg

Thanks for all your kind words about him!
smile.png

Love him! Gorgeous Pup (Labs are forever like puppies, aren't they?) I've had a number of labs over my lifetime. Black ones, yellow ones. My next one will be a chocolate one, tho I hear they now have silver/blue ones.

Back
Top Bottom