My Newest Coop for 2 Seperate Breeds

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by GeoFake, Sep 9, 2013.

1. GeoFake

GeoFake New Egg

Sep 9, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just completed construction of my newest design coop.... It houses about 15 birds comfortable on either side seperated with fencing inside and out and has electric coop doors that close and open automatically at predetermined times ......... Built from scratch With my own lumber I sawed from my own trees on my Bandmill......Hemlock..... Its ready for my French Black Copper Marans Finally,,,,,,LOL

2. thomasboyle

thomasboyle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Northwest Hills of CT
    Looks awesome! You should go into the coop building business! Can you come to my place and mill some wood for me - I have 3 dozen 12"-18" diameter pine trees that need to come down, and I could build a barn with all of the wood! What type of sawmill do you have? And what did you use for the automatic doors?

3. GeoFake

GeoFake New Egg

Sep 9, 2013
    My Band Mill was built and designed by myself and my Brother it has a 16 hp Briggs motor and can saw up to 28" diameter logs 21 feet long...........LOL I enjoy Making things that make me more Independent rather then buying commercially produced products. the Coop doors operate using a d20 drapery motor and timer

4. GeoFake

GeoFake New Egg

Sep 9, 2013
    My Band Mill was built and designed by myself and my Brother it has a 16 hp Briggs motor and can saw up to 28" diameter logs 21 feet long...........LOL I enjoy Making things that make me more Independent rather then buying commercially produced products. the Coop doors operate using a d20 drapery motor and timer

5. JanetS

JanetS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Wow!! Great job. Do you have any pictures of the inside??

6. GeoFake

GeoFake New Egg

Sep 9, 2013
    I'll take some interior pics and post them

7. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Nice!!

8. GeoFake

GeoFake New Egg