My newest hatchlings...

My DH thinks I want a jacuzzi tub for bathing, if he only knew what it could be used for!
lol.png

My friend has these 3 breeds, altho he is selling out of the SLW and I don't think he'll be offering any more hatching eggs with only a few hens left now. I grabbed up some eggs just out of curiosity to see how they would hatch. Those chicks will go for sale.

Jody

The final numbers are in on this hatch..I'm pretty happy considering my humidity was way too high and I still managed to work this hatch out well.

Happy, healthy chicks:
SLW - 8 out of 8
Black Aussie - 11 out of 12
RIR - 9 out of 11

I have another RIR that hatched, so it would have been 10 but it will be culled because it didn't absorb properly. And 2 eggs left without signs of hatching, so I assume they gave up at some point. I'll check them out to determine what went wrong, since I didn't candle after day 7 and all had chicks growing in them.

So 28 out of 31 eggs set is pretty good in this little styro bator. I am just thrilled with all of these babies and enjoying watching them! I will get some updated pics tomorrow to post all the cutie pies.
smile.png

Jody

Back
Top Bottom