My newest hatchlings...

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
My newest additions added to the brooder today..18 so far, 2 wet babies in the hatcher yet and more still hatching. For some reason the black austrolorps and silver laced wyandottes are ahead of the RIR on hatch time so I moved the early birds to give the other eggs more time (with less rolling). Typically I don't interupt a hatch, but the humidity is thru the roof on this one, so I didn't want to risk the babies getting soaked up again in there. Here are some pics of them with my silkies and araucana in the brooder.

021808006.jpg

021808003.jpg

021808001.jpg

Jody

I'm jealous of your SLWs....I candled mine last night finally and I took one out and I'm not holding out much hope for the others
sad.png
. I did see activity in several of the BOs tho. Guess I'm not supposed to have any SLWs.

Katy, so sorry to hear it doesn't look good. I was doing this as a test hatch for my partner. So far I have 7 out of 8 SLW hatched, 11 out of 12 Black Aus, and 2 out of 11 RIR (but lots of pips so I expect more). I wish it weren't so cold, I'd send you the SLW along with some others for warmth.
sad.png

Wildsky - yeah, I don't get to use that tub very often. LOL Everyone knows me for my jacuzzi babies.
lau.gif

Jody

If we had a tub like that and i filled it with fuffy butts I'd be in SO Much trouble!!
gig.gif

We had one in a hotel in Las vegas last time we were there - and gosh that tub was FANTASTIC...

PS - I set the eggs today - late this afternoon!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
wow those chicks have it made, whirlpool jets at the ready just add water, oh wait those aren't ducks.
he.gif
i bet clean up is a breeze doing it that way. they look great
barnie.gif

Jody!
Congrats on your babies!!! They are so cute and I can not get over pics of babies! I am now almost on day 20 for the mutt eggs and your eggs go into the hatcher TOMOROW!!!
lol.png
Those 11 are still moving away and are doing so well and one of the silke eggs are already moving in the turner! I was like. what the?!?!
smile.png
smile.png

I will give everyone pics, but It looks like this might be a really great "Jody" hatch.
wee.gif

Keep fingers and toes crossed!

fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

and the waiting begins...................................................................................................

fl.gif
Fingers and toes crossed for you tsagirl!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
Oh, those babies are just test hatches and extra eggs...hehehe The real hatching is yet to come.
gig.gif

Edited to add - Wildsky..good luck with your eggies too!
wink.png

Jody

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom