My newest hatchlings...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hinkjc, Feb 18, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    My newest additions added to the brooder today..18 so far, 2 wet babies in the hatcher yet and more still hatching. For some reason the black austrolorps and silver laced wyandottes are ahead of the RIR on hatch time so I moved the early birds to give the other eggs more time (with less rolling). Typically I don't interupt a hatch, but the humidity is thru the roof on this one, so I didn't want to risk the babies getting soaked up again in there. Here are some pics of them with my silkies and araucana in the brooder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm jealous of your SLWs....I candled mine last night finally and I took one out and I'm not holding out much hope for the others [​IMG] . I did see activity in several of the BOs tho. Guess I'm not supposed to have any SLWs.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    OMG how cute - and its gonna be a while before you can have a soak in that nice tub ! [​IMG]

4. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Katy, so sorry to hear it doesn't look good. I was doing this as a test hatch for my partner. So far I have 7 out of 8 SLW hatched, 11 out of 12 Black Aus, and 2 out of 11 RIR (but lots of pips so I expect more). I wish it weren't so cold, I'd send you the SLW along with some others for warmth. [​IMG]

Wildsky - yeah, I don't get to use that tub very often. LOL Everyone knows me for my jacuzzi babies. [​IMG]

Jody

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    If we had a tub like that and i filled it with fuffy butts I'd be in SO Much trouble!! [​IMG]

We had one in a hotel in Las vegas last time we were there - and gosh that tub was FANTASTIC...

PS - I set the eggs today - late this afternoon! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  6. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    wow those chicks have it made, whirlpool jets at the ready just add water, oh wait those aren't ducks. [​IMG] i bet clean up is a breeze doing it that way. they look great [​IMG]

7. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

8. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Jody!
    Congrats on your babies!!! They are so cute and I can not get over pics of babies! I am now almost on day 20 for the mutt eggs and your eggs go into the hatcher TOMOROW!!! [​IMG] Those 11 are still moving away and are doing so well and one of the silke eggs are already moving in the turner! I was like. what the?!?! [​IMG][​IMG]

I will give everyone pics, but It looks like this might be a really great "Jody" hatch. [​IMG]

Keep fingers and toes crossed!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

and the waiting begins...................................................................................................

9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] Fingers and toes crossed for you tsagirl! [​IMG] [​IMG] Oh, those babies are just test hatches and extra eggs...hehehe The real hatching is yet to come. [​IMG]

Edited to add - Wildsky..good luck with your eggies too! [​IMG]

Jody

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks for the thought Jody....wish you could send them my way too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by