My not such a barn kitty

mstricer

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Ohio
This is smokey begging for attention, I got him at the Mt Hope Swap Meet. From an Amish couple. I was told he was a barn kitty. To me barn kitty means "I am kinda, to all the way, shy of humans" the kind you can put in a barn or garage and they will kill mice. This kitty however,purrs like a freight train, loves attention, and as long as you hold him he will sit there, you put him down, he jumps back up, and cries to be held. The only thing I can reason to, is that, they have a lot of children, primarily girls, and they held these kittens all the time, and squeezed them, kitten figured it was easier to to sit there then, get squeezed harder. I can squeeze him pretty good.
LL

Last edited:
My formerly feral kitten is like velcro. I sit down to type, she is on my lap in seconds. I know this kitten was completely feral, because I grabbed her (couldn't catch mom) and she put holes all the way through my thumbnail. She has forgiven me, and she knows a good thing when she sees it.

They sure can be sweet, can't they?

I had lock him in his room, because he won't be quiet. I think he is going to be big.
LL

love.gif
Awww. I think you both lucked out to find each other! He's a cuddler and loves your attention, and he's gorgeous, too. Is he a dilute torti? My big flame point boy is a born cuddler and would just as soon be held and carried every where, lol.

I almost bought a bengal kitten, when I saw this guy, and he was free. He will keep me warm all winter long.
love.gif

That is my favorite color kitty. I find the color soothing for some reason.

My formerly feral kitten is like velcro. I sit down to type, she is on my lap in seconds. I know this kitten was completely feral, because I grabbed her (couldn't catch mom) and she put holes all the way through my thumbnail. She has forgiven me, and she knows a good thing when she sees it.

They sure can be sweet, can't they?
That reminds me of an adorable cartoon. Here you go mom'sfolly an all you kitty owners out there.

Say hello to Simon's cat.

I have had many formerly feral kitties, and once they decide they like people, they really like people. It's like a light switch. One moment they run from you, the next 15 years you can't get them to leave you alone.

Back
Top Bottom