my oh my are guinea a hassle....

I love my guineas also!! I picked up 12 keats a few months ago and when they started feathering up and flying around the coop to the upper perches, i turned them out to free range. They would come back into their coop frequently and then started going into the bantam coup at night, so i shut their coop up and now the bantams and guineas roost together, i figure this way everyone will get along down the road when the guineas become adults.

They are a wild type bird forsure, not like chickens or turkeys that will eat out of your hand, and i expected that and dont hassle them at all. The funny thing is that since i never mess with them they have become tamer and dont scatter when i get near them, so they somewhat trust me i guess. I didnt get them as pets at all, i wanted tick/bug eaters and i have always been curious about guineas and wanted them around so here i am!!

Another thing that most people said they are noisy birds, well they are, but i really like it!!! They blend in well with the quail, duck, chicken and turkey sounds!! Its a regular barnyard symphony around here!!...............Jason

Back
Top Bottom