My one and only pea - A White!

Wisher1000

Bama Biddy
13 Years
Mar 31, 2010
Tuscaloosa County, Alabama
Today, I finally took some pics of my baby pea. It's name is Popcorn. I would appreciate any input you pea experts can give me on gender. It hatched on August 28th so it is right at 3 months in these pics. I have never seen it display, but today as I was trying to get some good pics, my puppy came into the coop and this is what happened.

I took lots and lots of shots, so if you need to see a certain detail to help guess at gender, let me know. I will just post the best three here for your perusal.

As you can see, she and her adopted Momma hen are never far apart.

I know that it is difficult, if not impossible to sex them at this age, especially the white ones, but even if you want to guess, I'll take anything at this point! It's driving me nuts! I know that with all the experience represented on this site, surely somebody can make an educated guess ............. maybe? ....... Please?

Oh, come on, FBC, don't you even want to guess? I won't hold you to it!

I just realized that I referred to Popcorn as "she" in the last post. I don't know if I have been thinking of it as female so I wouldn't get too attached (if it's a girl, it is going to the breeder's farm) or if it is just too pretty to be a boy, which makes NO SENSE in reference to peafowl! It could be that I refer to all the animals as girls because most of them at our house, are.

At what age will I be able to tell without a DNA test? As much as I want to know, it wouldn't be worth that to me. When do the eyes first show up? Do I look for them around the base of the tail first?

Last edited:
Very cute bird :) I'm going to guess female, looks femanine in the face to me, but it's only a guess. I have 6 peachicks hatched this morning, 4 whites and 2 pieds! I love peachicks :)

If it were mine i would be able to tell by 6 months by the way it behaves with the rest of the group.

Very pretty baby, i love whites i have 7.

It is beautiful!!! I love the name. I'm not an expert, so I have no idea. Maybe you wish it to be what you want. I'm wishing that Prince, my white pea is a male. :fl

The problem with that, Zazouse, is that 1) you are not here and 2) there are no others!
idunno.gif
There's no help for me.....

Oh well, back to waiting and trying to be patient! LOL!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom