My one beat up chicken.

That's good! You might want to get in the habit of doing frequent exams, I do one of the first Saturday of each month. Pick up each bird, feel them over, check their legs, soles, inside their mouths, check for mites/lice, examine poop, etc. so you catch any illnesses sooner. It's helped me catch one bird with bumblefoot and several with mites before it was too late.
Yeah, My silver laced Wyandotte has some weird feet, Idk if it is bumblefoot or if that is just what her feet look like.

I also add DE to their food which helps rid of internal parasites and vent mites as it passes thru.
No, this is not a valid treatment. DE does nothing for prevention or an infestation inside the bird or out.

I add DE to their food including herbs and garlic powder.
Stop the additives, garlic can cause anemia.

Yeah doesn't look too healthy and She has a lot of dead skin too. I read online about how to treat it, so I just sprayed down the coop with an oil and water solution. It supposedly suffocates them. Then I let that dry a dusted it with DE. I am going to dust the flock down too, just waiting for warm weather to bathe her.
What kind of oil did you spray?
DE does nothing.

No, this is not a valid treatment. DE does nothing for prevention or an infestation inside the bird or out.

Stop the additives, garlic can cause anemia.

What kind of oil did you spray?
DE does nothing.
The recipe just called for water, dish soap, and vegetable oil.

Attachments

• IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    403.1 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom