My own brownie recipe finally I have a winner!!!

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
My brownies are a work in progress. I have been trying new things to get them just right, and last night I made a new batch and I think I have a winner. Tonight I am going to try to do 1/2 of the sugar as brown sugar and see after which taste better as I will be able to do a side by side comparison
droolin.gif

Anyway I will report back and adjust the recipe accordingly. But so far if you want moist and chewy with just the right carmalization on the corners brownies that will make you want to eat the whole pan, well here ya go. Oh and they are soooo easy to make!

2 1/2 cups of sugar
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup of bakers cocoa
2 teaspoons of aluminum free baking powder
2 sticks of Salted Butter
4 eggs
4 tablespoons of corn syrup (light)
1 tablespoon (or more) of Vanilla extract
nuts, chocolate chip (semisweet) or peanut chips whatever you like)

Preheat oven to 350. Put butter in a pot and melt at low temp while collecting the other ingredients. Grease your big Pyrex pan (not the small I use a 14x8 I think) with some of the melted butter using a brush and then very lightly sprinkle sea salt in bottom of pan

in one bowl put all dry ingredients, in the mixing bowl put in cooled melted butter vanilla, corn syrup and eggs and blend well. Then add dry ingredients and mix well for a few minutes.

Pour into pan (you may have to spread it out as it will be thick) sprinkle top with chips/nuts and cook for a minimum of 30 minutes. it is done once corners start to darken and toothpick comes out clean 2 inched deep towards the center, toothpick will not come out clean in center but will be perfect once cooled.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom