My Pea Pen - Irene Took Down!! *UPDATED W/PICS*

Yoda,,I've been thinking of you all day today because of the snow we were expected to get. I've been also speaking with Brad Legg the past few days on new additions here and I have looked at his pictures of what happened to all his pens a few weeks ago.Well,the snow here for the most part is over but it's still windy.The evergreens by our house are leaning over from the wet heavy snow we had all afternoon.So just a few minutes ago,with a flashlite in hand I had to make the trip out to the Palace and see first hand if we had any damage. Much to my suprise the top net was still clear with nothing sticking to it on top.We stopped and measured a few times and in spots and had more than 9" here today. I guess maybe we dodged a bullet but I know the hours and the expense I put into my outside breeding pens last year and if they were only to last 12 mmonths I'd really be out of sorts.Once again my thoughts are with you on getting yours repaired before breeding season.

The last storm was not a wet snow so it didn't stick to the netting then changed over to rain so no ice Thank you God! This storm is going under us so the sun is still out at my house with no parcipatation in sight. So again I too dodged another bullet
fl.gif

I watched my IB split to peach who got his first train this year breed with the pied hen.
celebrate.gif
He has white in him as well cause he has white flights and white on one wing, yet I do not see white eyes on him at all, this normal?

We will begin to rebuild once the ground is thawed enough to remove the broken poles.

Last edited:
If your asking me I'm the last person here to ask on genetics.But this quote I got over the weekend about peach can be trusted " Peach w.e. with white flights can't be split pied or they would have been pied. If its white eyed with no white feathers it can be split pied." I know as with this year with my IB B/S male he showed not one white eye feather last summer at all,course his tail was only 1/2 as long as it is now.Mow they are noticable.My Charcoal w/e male had visual w/e in his small train last year but this spring they are much larger and more noticable.Maybe he needs another year for the w/e to come out more?

Back
Top Bottom