My Peachicks Of 2014 *** Will Have Lots Of Pictures ***

Kathy,
I think it was from the house heat. I have the incubator in the spare bedroom and the baseboard heat wraps around the room. I usually have it in the basement but having the broken arm I thought it would be easier in the spare room, but wasn't good on the eggs. So no matter where in the spare room I placed it there was heat and I did not think about that til after the first egg pipped.
sad.png

Kathy,
I think it was from the house heat. I have the incubator in the spare bedroom and the baseboard heat wraps around the room. I usually have it in the basement but having the broken arm I thought it would be easier in the spare room, but wasn't good on the eggs. So no matter where in the spare room I placed it there was heat and I did not think about that til after the first egg pipped.
sad.png
So sorry...
hugs.gif

-Kathy

Digital thermostats will keep the incubator at a constant temp because it is all electric. If you have a wafer it is a mechanical thermostat that relies on a constant room temperature.

Say you were my DW and you decided to let some good fresh air in the house and left the window open all night. And that the room temp went down twenty degrees and the hatch rate dropped to twenty percent. And you decided to upgrade your incubator to a digital model because it promotes sanity and is a really good idea...

Just sayin'

M
Digital thermostats will keep the incubator at a constant temp because it is all electric.  If you have a wafer it is a mechanical thermostat that relies on a constant room temperature. 

Say you were my DW and you decided to let some good fresh air in the house and left the window open all night.  And that the room temp went down twenty degrees and the hatch rate dropped to twenty percent.  And you decided to upgrade your incubator to a digital model because it promotes sanity and is a really good idea... 

Just sayin'

mine is digital . I gather it will wiork better?

You migh want to try Muscovy duck eggs *before* you try pea eggs, they are pretty hard to hatch, too.

-Kathy
Guinea eggs are the easiest eggs i ever hatched, when they start hatching my incubator looks like it is popping corn LOL

I have no problems hatching duck or goose eggs in my bator and she has a nice one , so i bet she will be fine with it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom