My Peachicks Of 2014 *** Will Have Lots Of Pictures ***

I noticed that turning them 4 + times a day works better than turning them less. I also candle mine a whole lot because I like watching them develop. I don't see the harm in candling. I always wash my hands before I do it, and the candler bulb is warm so it is not like the egg will chill a lot. Peahens get off the eggs for a bit to eat and drink, so it is just like what a peahen does.
My book that came with the incubator said to and the last 3 days do not open it up until all that are going to have hatched.

My styrofoam incubator manual says that too.

There's a study that showed the ideal number of times to turn chicken eggs is 96 per day. Many other websites say to set the bator to turn once an hour. Not saying anyone do anything differerent, just wanted to share. :D

-Kathy

There's a study that showed the ideal number of times to turn chicken eggs is 96 per day. Many other websites say to set the bator to turn once an hour. Not saying anyone do anything differerent, just wanted to share.
big_smile.png

-Kathy
That makes since. I figured that the hen turns the eggs A LOT and one year I turned the eggs fewer than 5 times a day and the next year I turned them 5 or more times a day and I got much better results. I think the more you can turn them, the better, although I try not to open the incubator too much.

I think many people here do set the humidity higher at lock-down.

-Kathy
Yes my humidity is around 50-53% and the last 3 days it is 65% If I see water (dew) on the inside glass I remove some water. I want to raise the humidity but not drown them
wink.png
I have no clue how many times my egg turner turns them LMAO!
I really want to get or hatch Opal silver pied or opal BS SP
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
There's a study that showed the ideal number of times to turn chicken eggs is 96 per day. Many other websites say to set the bator to turn once an hour. Not saying anyone do anything differerent, just wanted to share.
big_smile.png

-Kathy
My cabinet bator rocks the eggs from left to right about every 45 minutes if i remember right, i know it is well over 300 rocks in a hatching period as i have a counter but it goes back to ) if i turn the bator off for any reason.

big_smile.png

-Kathy

96 times a day!
ep.gif

96 times a day!:eek:  

Yea i was thinking the same thing, i have watched my birds and there is no way any of them turn eggs that many times a day no matter what kind of bird i have watched

I've had broodies in my house and I did notice them turning often. Long story, but had one hen that decided to wait at the front door until I let her in and she would lay her eggs in the empty plastic feed bucket. Once she started to sit I could *hear* her turning them, and it was way more than 96 times a day.

-Kathy

The guinias come back at night to their house to eat as Zaz said they would. Will the peafowl do the same thing. I'm sort if afraid to let them out!

Back
Top Bottom