My peahen died :(

gmiller

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 2, 2017
A coyote got my peahen this morning and I was wondering if anyone knows what or if I should do anything to help my male. He was gone all day looking for her I assume, they were very close. Should I get another? I also have 8 guinea hens, all of my birds are free range. I just don't want him wondering looking for her or anything. Thanks!!

Welcome to BYC, @gmiller !
I'm so sorry about your peahen...
hugs.gif

I don't really know much about them, but it seems like the little guy might benefit from being with the guinea hens? Does he act kindly or aggressive or noncaring towards them? If he's okay with it, I'd probably try to get him to flock with the guinea hens...He is more vulnerable on his own, and probably grieving because of his lost mate...

Last edited:
with free ranging comes predator losses. If you peacock hasn't come back, he might have been taken also. The folks on the "Peafowl thread," would be best able to give you advice. The people I know, raising them, don't free range them. They have them in large square runs, so when they turn around, they don't break tail feathers.

Thank you everyone! I will move over to the peafowl area. I have looked at this site a lot for reference and I'm pleased to be a part!

That's my male...and my female that got caught. The other pic are my guineas

Back
Top Bottom