my peahen wont come out of the tree!!??

lcw

Songster
10 Years
Jan 6, 2010
southern ohio
my peahen flew up there yesterday about noon i think and hasnt come down. i can see here right now. shes about 70 feet up and theres about 10 inches of snow on the ground. when will she come down. whenever i throw feed to the chickens and guineas she dont care. so food wont work. im worried about her eating and drinking. we got about 3 inches last night and its still falling. she stands up, preens, then lays back down. what can i do?
thanks. cole.

Last edited:
I have found its best to just leave them alone.... the more you bother them, the longer they stay up there.
When she feels safe again she will fly down and you will most likely find her on the roof of her coop or pacing at the door wanting back in.
She can literally go days with out eating, so dont worry about that... and they eat the snow if they get thirsty.... so shes OK there too. Just make it so that when she does come down she has food and water available... and access to her pen.

Quote:
If you lived near us I would send my boys over. They have had to climb that high to get out peafowl pair out of the trees.
hmm.png
She will come down eventually....hopefully sooner than later.

Hoosiermomma believe me i can climb too. better than most.
ok ill wait. its just so cold and she hasnt for 2 days.
shes still up there.
the coop is open until i shut the chickens and guineas in at night.

As a last resort, do you know anyone with a paint ball gun? If you turn the pressure down and pop a limb near her it might scare her down, but she might fly further away too. Best to let her come down on her own.
smile.png

aawwwww man, i know this isnt a funny situation...

but I WONDER if the fire department has even rescued a peahen from a tree? (They rescued kittens, but poultry?) HHhehehe.
lol.png

I HOPE SHE COMES DOWN SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
Come down, come down come down!!!
yippiechickie.gif

The last thing you want to do is push her out of the tree.
I did that one time to a peacock he hit the ground running and i have never seen him again.
It should come down on its own hunger will get to it before long.
Just place its food where it can see it.

Hope you the best of luck

well the fire department is out of the question. we live on a mountain.approx. 500 foot drop off on each side with 10 inches of snow.
i guess ill just have to wait. the coop is open until i shut everybody in for the night. she knows its there. so i guess ill wait and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom