My peep-peeps are turning into bok-boks *Lots of PICS*

AKD

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 23, 2011
Well, I did the official introduction for myself in the new member section...

Posted a question as to whether my Fergie is a Fergus... and now the 'girls' (fingers crossed they both are) can have an official introduction
big_smile.png

We got them as day olds (Australorp x New Hampshire), and they have gradually grown, taken over the house, and now been kicked out
tongue.png

Days Old Harriet

93109_106.jpg

93109_108.jpg
j

Days Old Fergie

93109_104.jpg

Week Old Harriet

93109_019.jpg

Week Old Fergie

93109_015.jpg

Harriet 8 weeks

93109_036.jpg

93109_044.jpg

Fergie 8 weeks

93109_028.jpg

The In-between setup in the spare shower, which consisted of the heat lamp being suspended off a cricket bat
wink.png
I raised it bit by bit, then turned it off during days, then both day and night,
then the girls were kicked out (not without some stress on my part!!)

93109_049.jpg

I have some more piccies of them outside in their new home, which I will add soon
smile.png

Fergie does look like a roo so you might go ahead with the Fergus. Look at the growing red comb and wattles as well as the tail set.

And the beginnings of pointy feathers in saddle area in front of tail. Nice pics. by the way! They look like loved and spoiled babies..
smile.png

Thanks very muchly guys.. I'm so undecided about the Fergs.. One minute I'm thinking Roo then the next I'm thinking Pullet
hmm.png
But I'm new to this too,
I guess I'll wait for a crow or an egg - and I'll let you know!

They were getting weaned off the light during this photoshoot, It's our winter over here so I was slightly stressed about them freezing
roll.png
But they did fine..

They're outside now, and have been for about 4 days, and they love it and have grown more!!! I have more pics yet to add, so I'll try to do it later. They're 9 weeks today,
and yes they have grown up way too fast!! I miss my little fuzz balls
sad.png

Here are the 9 week photos - taken on the iphone so sorry for the quality... In a small coop at the minnie, but am setting up a section of the yard so they can free-range during the day (more research *sigh* when do you ever stop learning
big_smile.png
)

Harriet 9 weeks

93109_023.jpg

Following pics, all Fergs, this week he/she is looking more like a pullet????? Her comb is still quite fleshy in colour? I dunno!???
roll.png
hmm.png

Ferg's tail feathers

93109_026.jpg

Fergs in Action

93109_027.jpg

93109_031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom