My pekin duck whispers?

tonilynw

In the Brooder
May 20, 2021
This is my first time owning ducks. I have two pekin ducks. one (I assume is a female) quacks her head off. very vocal.
On the other hand... my other duck had some issues when growing up. I believe the duck had niacin deficiency. She/He was not able to walk or had trouble walking/standing. and would had eventually ended up being on his/her back. Ive been giving the duck probiotics and vitamins mixed in water and he/she eventually started to get back to walking, but not as great as my talkative duck.
Then unfortunately I believe him/her to have wet feather :/ I bathed him/her with dawn soap, and blew dry him/her fully dry. Now she/he looks SO much better. Still looks a bit weak/slow with walking. This duck doesn't have the voice as my other duck though. I was wondering if anyone could help me out if they have had the same problem. (hopefully there's a video attached. there's the vocal one to the left and then whispers to the right.)
Ive called my vet where I take my dogs and rabbit and they said they are not taking anymore bird patients and suggest I got to another vet, and then they suggest I visit another vet that's an hour away. Thanks in advance!

He sounds like a duck at the duck pond, beautiful male with black feathers and an elaborate comb. Said male I assume to be having respiratory issues, but I'm not a duck person and it could be their regular call.

Back
Top Bottom