My Penny is on the homepage!

AnimalsComeFirst

Songster
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
Hugging a Chicken
So proud of that little wacky Buff orpington of getting the honor of the homepage of BYC!
In the picture she is looking at the camera sideways... that awkward little chicken!
My little Penny has won many contests, and I just wanna say what a lovable little chicken is.
In the mornings, she will wander about the yard and whenever I open the door, she will come walking in my direction, that big comb of hers swaying in the motion of her neck. If I sit down on the steps and call her name, she'll come over and burrow her head right into my coat. If I get up to get something, she'll sit there and wait for me to come back. Another funny thing is when the food comes out... if the other 2 hens are eating all the food, she'll come marching over, saying... "Buk, buk bok! BUK!!!!!" As in, "Give me MY food!!" The other hens will usually leave her some, but if they don't, that little bugger will go running about the yard and throw a temper tantrum because she didn't get any!

Sorry, I just had to tell somebody this great news!
ya.gif

She sounds like quite the feathered character! She sounds like my Jane when she was alive. My first chicken, completely spoiled beyond anything and brimming with personality.

Congrats!
thumbsup.gif
But don't let the fame get to Penny's head now.
wink.png

Aw, sorry to hear about Jane. First chickens get the best treatment... first class treatment!
Too late, she's already trying out new poses to impress her fans.
tongue.png

She sounds like quite the feathered character! She sounds like my Jane when she was alive. My first chicken, completely spoiled beyond anything and brimming with personality.

Congrats!
thumbsup.gif
But don't let the fame get to Penny's head now.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom