My perfect hawk deterent

Our turk's run shares a common fence with that of the chooks. The turkey hens are always the first to ID aerial predators. Our toms are, like Big Victor, good for `showing the flag'.
cool.png

Last edited:
He IS a BEAUTIFUL bird, isn't he??!!!? He looks a LOT like one I had named Big Sister (we thought he was a she until he gobbled one day. Oops!) Big Sister was the only chick to hatch from a clutch of 15 eggs. Her (his) mom went back on the nest when he was only about 6 weeks old. He used to sit on top of her while she was setting the eggs. I have a picture of them somewhere. If I can find it and figure out how to get it on here, I'll post it. He helped her take care of the new poults when they came along. Hence, the name - Big Sister. Hope you enjoy Victor as much as we enjoyed Big Sister. Hope you have a GREAT DAY too!

My friend lets hers free range. I think once they get to know their home, they tend to stay around. I have a 4' chainlink fence, his wings are NOT clipped and he doesn't go anywhere. As far as noise, he doesn't make very much noise since he is familiar with everything but when he does gobble....it's pretty loud.

Back
Top Bottom